Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How should i set up my blu ray player to my 1080i HDTV?

Q. I had just recently bought a bluray home theater system. My tv has a dvi connection but not hdmi. I have the dvi to hdmi cable plugged into my blu ray player and tv. Now when i turn the tv on i get picture and can adjust the picture and sound settings on the blu ray player and it works great. But as soon as i put a blu ray in i only get sound but no picture. So i went to the hdmi settings on the player and it says the hdmi connection is invalid but my tv can only display 1080i and 480p. I think the problem is that my older tv is not hdcp compliant with my newer blu ray player. So my question is Could i hook up my player with component cables for the HD picture and just use the dvi to hdmi cable for sound which is all i could get from the movies any way?
Thanks for any help you can give me :)


Answer
It might be HDCP, but more likely the default 1080p setting on the Blu-ray player isn't supported by the 720p/1080i HDTV. Try changing the output resolution on the BD player to 720p or 1080i (whichever looks better).

As to using HDMI or component ... both will work fine at 720p or 1080i.

Given you have a 720p HDTV you get no advantage to HDMI unless you want the audio through the TV ... in which case the single cable connection is simpler. If you have an audio receiver/surround system you can send the audio to it via optical. You CAN'T use the DVI/HDMI cable for sound since DVI is video only.

Is it worth getting a Blu-Ray player if my TV only supports 1080i?




Have you s


My plasma only supports only 1080i, not 1080p. Is it worth getting a Blu-Ray player? Would there be a noticeable difference?


Answer
Blue Ray is the only format recorded for HD audio and video resolution. You TV supports 1080i however the Blue Ray player is where the rubber meets the road for audio & video quality. HD blue ray disks are recorded in 1080p format and the blue ray player decodes and transmits to your 1080i TV. I can assure you that your eye can not tell the diff between 1080i and 1080p resolutions. Have fun.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How should i set up my blu ray player to my 1080i HDTV?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment