Friday, May 16, 2014

HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray?




C.O.O.L.


Which will win? Which has more potential?


Answer
Well first of all, I want to clear up an implication in one of the posts above mine which suggests the PS3 is a poor-quality Blu-Ray player. The fact is that the PS3 is actually considered to be one of the best Blu-Ray players at ANY price. Spend some time on avsforums.com, which is full of professional reviews and full-time audiophiles and videophiles who know their stuff, and you will see this to be the case.

Now, as far as potential... I give the nod to Blu-Ray. They not only have larger storage capacity (which essentially defines potential) but Blu-Ray is already capable of 7.1 channel sound whereas HDDVD hasn't grasped this (yet). But aside from that, it's still too early to tell who will win. Right now, and for some time, Blu-Ray has been outselling HDDVD at roughly 2 to 1. But the fact is, between BOTH formats only 3 million discs have been sold; they are selling at less than 1% of the rate that regular DVD's are selling. This means that if HDDVD gets their act together they can EASILY win this thing. Even though Blu-Ray is outselling; by no means is there a commanding share of the market.

I have the ability to play both formats; and after a few months, I have roughly 5 times the number of HDDVD movies as I do Blu-Ray movies. It seems to me that generally, the type of movies I prefer are on HDDVD. But at this point... I guess I don't really care who wins; they are both excellent formats.

Blu-ray player with Netflix and USB movie player?




Demp


I was wondering if anyone could help me out in finding me a blu-ray player that has wifi capabilities (particularly Netflix) and a USB port that can play movie files (particularly .avi).

I was looking at the LG BD570 on Amazon, but some recent reviews say that there are problems with the Netflix so I'm not sure. And I know it's not that bad at around $198, but maybe one for cheaper would be nice.
Thanks



Answer
You should go with LG BD570 Network Blu-ray Disc Player

Blu-Ray Player with 1GB memory 802.11N for Wireless networking NetCast for YouTube & CinemaNow
BD-P NetFlix HD BD live
Full HD 1080p output via HDMI with Cinema mode at 24 or 60 frames per second USB Media Host
Superior audio performance with 7.1 channels with Dolby Digital Plus & TrueHD & dts-HD
Quick boot with instant tray opening




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment