Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Turn computer into blu ray player?




Fernando D


Can i buy a blue ray dvd player and hook it up to my hdtv? Do i just use the hdmi cable or do i have to buy a special adapter. i have 3 dvi slots 1 hd video thing and 1 hdmi port. Please help i want to watch transformer 2 on blue ray when it comes out.


Answer
You will need a video card with HDMI output/HDCP ready

The ATI 3870 chip set is a good one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102752

But if you prefer Nvidia chip sets they are good also.

This LG blue ray burner/player is nice. I put one in a customers rig a couple weeks ago and he likes it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136133

Sony BDP-BX37 or LG BD550 for first blu ray player?




Georgia


I am trying to buy my first blu ray player and am finding it very difficult. I am undecided between these two models. I will mainly be using the player to play dvd's/blu ray discs and netflix, nothing too in-depth. I have done a lot of research on both but I do not understand the specs listed or the differences between the two players. Which would be the better choice for a first time blu ray buyer like myself? Please help!


Answer
Visit newegg.com, then navigate to list all the bluray player that they sell. On the top right, sort the list by clicking most reviews. Customers of newegg are fanatical about writing reviews of the product(s) they have bought. I recently saw that there were over 4000 people who wrote a review about a single CPU heatsink/fan unit model! Pick out the players at the top of the list and read what the people had to say about the model they bought. Newegg is a very reputable company, they have low prices, fast and great(sometimes free) shipping. They carry both models you are considering. Read the reviews. I am a home theater installer, and recently picked out and installed a pioneer receiver and the Sony BDP-S370( i believe the bx37 is the newer/equivalent) player. The customer loves her bluray. Also, just google reviews of both those models. "Much, you will learn." Now, if you want a wireless connection to netflix, go with the BDP-S570/ BX57. WiFi is built-in on these models. Personally, for streaming, I would want a wired ethernet connection.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Turn computer into blu ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment