Sunday, August 25, 2013

Can I connect my Xbox 360 to a DVD player using a optical cable to take advantage of 5.1 surround sound.?

blu ray player 5.1 analog output
 on ... Refurbished HT-E6500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Thea
blu ray player 5.1 analog output image



SSJ Marco


I want to connect my 360 to a upconverting dvd player connected to my hdtv via hdmi. The dvd player is connected to a 5.1 receiver via "red & white" plugs that doesn't have an optical cable input. Is it possible to connect everything together? Xbox to DVD to both Receiver and HDTV?


Answer
X-box, PS3, Blu-ray and HD-DVD players have the same connections as a standard DVD player, such as Composite, S-Video, and Component video. OUTPUTS as well as Analog Stereo and Digital Optical and Digital Coaxial Audio OUTPUTS.
By utilizing the receiver it provides the capability to switch between your different components, i.e Xbox, DVD, and uses its internal amplifier to drive your speakers for audio and push the video to your display. Just look as to what is labled an OUTPUT and what is INPUT.

do i need to connect the cable box, 360, and blu ray to the receiver?




AliB


I am setting up a HT and am clueless about this stuff. I have an old receiver and am wondering if I just hook it up to the TV and speakers or if i need to hook it up to the cable box, blu ray, and 360.
thanks sound labs. So I run the audio RCA to the receiver and the video to the tv? i don't have many details but i will pull it out and get more. Can I use both surround sound speakers and two of the tall standing up speakers at the same time?



Answer
If you have an old skool receiver, you can still get some decent sound out of this.

Ok, I'll assume it's an old, stereo only rig. You'll run all of your video outputs like the 360, blu ray, and cable to the TV. Just worry about getting the picture to the TV.

Next, you gotta run sound. I don't own a 360 but I assume it has standard stereo RCA outputs. Run those to the receiver. You can use any input you want, like AUX or tape or CD and such. repeat for whatever else you have.

Next you have to connect your speakers to the speaker connection on the receiver.

If you have a surround sound receiver, you have more options when it comes to blu ray.

Ok, if the receiver has a digital input usually optical but sometimes a coaxial digital input, that's great. Connect the digital audio output (optical) from the blu ray to the same style input on the receiver.

If you have an older receiver that was called 'digital ready' it might have a set of 5.1 RCA inputs. Those were included so that those old receivers that didn't have digital decoders could connect to DVD players from many years ago that had 5.1 analog outputs.

If both your blu ray and receiver have these connections you can get true surround sound this way as well.

To make this all work, you'll need all the surround speakers. 5.1 sound is a total of six speakers. left, right, center, right rear, and left rear. the .1 part is the subwoofer.

I hope I didn't confuse you more. There is so much to know but really it isn't that hard. Please give more info about your receiver, I'd be glad to help you further.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I connect my Xbox 360 to a DVD player using a optical cable to take advantage of 5.1 surround sound.?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment