Friday, August 30, 2013

is connecting a blu ray player to the internet worth it?

blu ray player cost
 on Price of Philips BDP2900/94 Blu-ray DVD Player (Black) Video Players ...
blu ray player cost image



hailey m


is the ability to use pandora, blockbuster, or netflix on a blu ray player by connecting it to the internet worth the cost? i mean should i bother spending the money for a blu ray wireless adapter just for that?


Answer
Some Blu Ray players download updates through the internet, it would be worth it for you to buy the adapter if your Blu Ray player does download updates.

As for Netflix, I'm assuming you'll be watching their instant movies. In that case, you will have to consider your internet download speed and the quality of the movies (in case resolution is important to you). If you have a medium to slow connection the image resolution in which you'll see the instant movie will be low. If you have a pretty fast internet connection, then you'll be able to watch them in HD. Now as far as I know, you can use Netflix instant viewing through an XBox 360, PS3, or Roku Player. Before I even buy an adapter I would make sure I can use my Blu Ray player with what you're trying to do.

As for Pandora, I personally don't use it, but if I was you I would consider three things. How much I use it, how am I using it right now, would using it through the blu ray player be worth it.

I do not use blockbuster.

How do I add a home theater system to my Sony BDP-S590 blu ray player without a Receiver?




bhagy


I have a Sony BDP S590 3D blu ray player and would like to add a home theater system to it without investing in another Receiver. How can I do it? Any recommendations on a reasonable system that I can buy? Let me know. Thanks!


Answer
You don't. It is not practical as evidenced by all the other answers. The only way to do it with practicality is to buy a surround preamp / processor and powered speakers but such will cost far more than a surround receiver. Unless you have some kind of receiver - phobia this is not practical. You can not just plug speakers into a blu ray or DVD player, there is no magical adapter - unless you consider a receiver an adapter. Now choose a best answer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is connecting a blu ray player to the internet worth it?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment