Monday, August 26, 2013

How do I erase my personal information from blu ray before I return it?

blu ray player refurbished
 on Samsung BD D5500C ZA 3D Blu Ray Disc Player Refurbished 36725608443
blu ray player refurbished image



della d


Hi all, I have a question regarding my personal information and what is, and what is not stored on the blu ray player.
My Samsung blu ray player lost its power connection. I called Samsung and they were nice enough to extend my warranty. I sent the p,Ayer to them, they refurbished , returned to me. I was never able to hook it back up to my smart tv. I just finally called for help. We went through several process steps and finally the tech said the HDMI connector on the blu ray was not working, that he would extend the warranty again, send it back, and all that. I decided to go to Walmart, purchase a new blu ray to hook up to make sure the tech was guessing right. I told the Walmart checker that I would be returning the player most likely and would they accept it I'd the box was opened. She acted like that was such a common event and said of course I can return. So, my question is- since I did put in my AT&T Internet key code to get it all running on the web so I could check it out (it did work by the way- the Samsung guy was right)...question: when I return this blu ay player, will it still have my AT&T information stored in it and how can I erase the AT&T wifi code before I return it?



Answer
If it were me I'd simply enter a random code to overwrite yours.

Will a wifi blu ray player work with my old crt tube tv?




J


Assuming i used component cables (because this tv doesnt have hdmi), would the blu ray player and the wifi work on the tv? Or does it need to be a high def flat panel tv?


Answer
Newer Blu Ray players do not have analog (including component) video outputs. I doubt if you will find any new ones with it.

I recently bought a refurbished model just because the old design had analog video out. Finding one with both analog out and built in WiFi seems unlikely, but I didn't look for one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I erase my personal information from blu ray before I return it?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment