Thursday, September 19, 2013

Can anyone suggest a good Blu Ray Player?

blu ray player 7.1 channel
 on Samsung+HT-BD2T+Blu-Ray+7.1+Channel+Home+Theater+System.jpg
blu ray player 7.1 channel image



Dinjin201


I am looking for a good bluray player that can play DVD (upconverted) as well as Blu Ray Disks.

I need HDMI out in 1080p/24fps and 7.1 Channel Surround.



Answer
They will all do what you suggest in your question. You'll find when you shop that most brands have two or more models at two different prices. Ask yourself what will I do with this BD player?

if the answer is: just play blu ray disks and my regular DVDs. then you can go with the lower priced models.

if you want to stream netflix and do all kinds of fancy crap, get the upgraded versions. You'll see the regular versions for about 199 and the upgraded cousins in the same brand for about 299, maybe up to 350 or so. now many are on sale for less than 199.

if you get one that's the same brand as your TV, you might get to consolidate two remotes to one !!

What home theater systems should I look at?




solvo


I'm starting to look at my own home theater system for my room because I want surround sound. I don't know what I should look at though. I want a 4.1 or 5.1....And I just want the speakers/subwoofer, no DVD or Blu-ray player with it. What I don't understand is whether I need floor speakers or just the smaller ones for my room. And where do you position the 4 or 5 speakers if they are all small ones?

Please help, I'm very new to this.



Answer
Well, what size is your room?
If it is small - medium, then floor standers may be too much...although, they do relieve the need of a subwoofer to some extent unless you want room-shaking-bass.
Many bookshelf speakers these days are sufficient - and able to fill even a large room full of sound- you do need a sub to assist.

Usually, receivers power 5- 7 satellites... This includes a centre channel- which usually handles most of the vocals. All DVD or bluray movies are recorded in Dolby digital or dts: 5.1 or 7.1 formats... Which means that your 4.1 system option is incompatible and would have to do a conversion for it to work.
This is why 5.1 / 7.1 systems are more abundant vs. 4.1 (which I've only seen in computer gaming systems).

As far as positioning...
Any 5.1 or 7.1 system that is sold would give placement instructions... And some supply also an auto-calibration mic and module.

Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can anyone suggest a good Blu Ray Player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment