Friday, September 20, 2013

How can I connect my computer to my TV to show PowerPoint presentations?

blu ray player with google tv
 on ... Unveils its First NSX-GT1 Series HDTV Powered By Google TV | TechHail
blu ray player with google tv image



RC


I have Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 on a Dell computer. Our TV is a flat screen and the brand is SHARP. We also have a SHARP blu-ray player with internet capabilities. Is it possible? And if so, what do I need and what do I have to do? Thanks!


Answer
Check out what kind of ports you have for audio and video on each device. If they don't correspond to each other, then google shopping up some results for whatever the laptop has to whatever the tv has.
Sometimes you need an adapter, but tv's these days have a lot more options, so chances are you just need the right cable. Otherwise adapters are generally pretty cheap. I got a dvi to hdmi adapter for like $5 online.

Then you just need to set up the extra screen, it's normally in display options, might have to check a box or use a drop-down menu to activate the 2nd screen. Normally there should be an option to either mirror the screen or act as a second screen, so depending on how each works out you should be able to find a solution you want.

Does an external Blu Ray player work on a Samsung Google Chromebook?




lory


I am possibly getting a Samsung Google Chromebook and I am mainly getting a new laptop for school and to watch my Blu Rays or DVDs anywhere. I want to get an external Blu Ray but I only want to get a laptop if it will be able to play my blu rays or DVDs on the external one. Plus I figure the 6.5 hour battery will come in handy for movies. I just want to know if it will play on that?


Answer
No.

2 problems:
1: Most laptops do not have a video INPUT. They do have a video OUTPUT so you can connect them to a projector/monitor/TV but not for using your laptop's monitor for your blu-ray player.

2: The Chromebook is not a standard Windows or MacOS laptop. It runs a special version of Linux and is focused mainly on running a web browser, its plugins and related apps. For this reason, I would not recommend a Chromebook for a college student.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I connect my computer to my TV to show PowerPoint presentations?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment