Sunday, September 15, 2013

Does anyone know of any open source software or freeware that I can use to rip/burn CDs onto my hard-drive?

blu ray player freeware
 on Powered By Hotaru Turn | Search Results | Freeware Download
blu ray player freeware image



Milk


Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could give me the name of an open source programme or a free-ware programme that I could use to rip/ burn (sorry, I am not sure what the difference is) CDs onto my hard drive. I have tried to do it using Windows Media Player but things got a bit hairy.

Thanks for your answers.



Answer
What you want is a ripper.

A ripper pulls information off of an optical disk, a burner puts it onto the disk.

CDeX is good - http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ and so is AudioGrabber - http://www.audiograbber.org/

If you want a burner then CDBurnerXP is good - http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Don't worry about the name, it will burn anything including Blu-Ray and works on all versions of Windows including Vista and Windows 7.

Any freeware software to play BD disc on PC?




Kawazaki


The thing is I bought a Blu-ray drive for my laptop but I can't play BD discs in WMP so I'm looking for a third party freeware to play BD discs.

10 points for best answer.



Answer
If you bought a Blu-Ray drive it should have come with a CD/DVD disk that will install the necessary codecs to play Blu-Ray on the computer including WMP.

You may need to use the player that came on the disk rather than WMP if it did not contain the correct codec. The codec must match the make and model of the Blu-Ray drive and the operating system of the computer.

I would start at the website of the maker of your Blu-Ray drive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone know of any open source software or freeware that I can use to rip/burn CDs onto my hard-drive?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment