Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Is there any difference between a cheaper blu-ray player and a ps3 in visual quality?

blu ray player quality
 on blu ray player bd combo drive high quality laptop blu ray player ...
blu ray player quality image



Jason S


My dad bought a ps3 a while back and he said i can take it as long as I replace it with another blu-ray player. Is there any difference in visual quality between a ps3 and a cheap blu-ray player? (one that goes for about 150$) PLEASE HELP


Answer
The PS3 is still rated very highly in blu-ray player reviews, usually because of all it's other features and the ability to update features and firmware. If your dad just wants a player then i'm sure a $150 will be fine, there may be a reduction in quality but it wont be huge.

Suggest a model to your dad and see what he thinks.

The person below who says that the PS3 doesn't have 7.1 or TrueHD is wrong. I know because I use both. You just need an AV receiver that supports it, and that applies to ALL blu-ray players.

Will a Blu-Ray player improve the sound of a standard DVD disc?




Nick M


I am thinking of purchasing a Blu Ray player and although I am aware that connecting this to my HDTV via a HDMI cable can upscale the picture quality to 1080, I was just wondering if it will make a noticeable improvement to the quality of sound. I currently have my TV connected to a home theatre system. Thanks for your answers.


Answer
There will be no improvement whatsoever from a DVD disk played on a Blu-ray player.

The player and HDMI per se won't make any difference at all unless you a) use Blu-ray disks, b) select an HD audio track, c) have excellent speakers and d) have good hearing (including knowing how to recognize good sound). For the average consumer the hype over improved sound from Blu-ray is way overblown. I have a dedicated room, a medium/high quality 7.2 surround system and have compared DD and DTS HD Master and hear very little benefit from the latter. Others may, but everything I have read says improvements form advanced audio are fairly subtle.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there any difference between a cheaper blu-ray player and a ps3 in visual quality?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment