Sunday, October 6, 2013

Can a wifi enabled Blu Ray player with applications access them without a smart TV?

blu ray player netflix wifi
 on Samsung BD-E5900 3D Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi� at Crutchfield.com
blu ray player netflix wifi image



Daniel Sta


I have recently decided to purchase a home theater system/Blu Ray combo that is wifi enabled and has Netflix/Pandora/Youtube applications on it. I am also going to get a new TV but i don't really want a smart TV seeing as how they're a lot more expensive than regular LCD 1080p TV's.

I'm just wondering whether i need a smart TV in order to access the applications online, or if i can just connect to my wifi and the Blu Ray player will be able to use all of the applications by itself.

Also, i don't need full internet access on my TV, i was just hoping to use the applications that were already on the Blu Ray player like Youtube.

Thanks!



Answer
Just connect the blu-ray player to the TV, The blu-ray will do everything. The TV doesn't have to be Internet capable at all.

How do I connect my blu-ray player to the internet?




Beau Brads


I have a Sony BDP-BX18 blu-ray player. I would like to connect it to my home wifi network so that I could watch Netflix through it. The blu-ray player says it needs a wired connection. I bought a wifi bridge that connects through the ethernet port to add to the player so that it could connect to the internet. The player tries to connect to my network but fails every time. My network has a password on it but the option to enter a password on the player never comes up.


Answer
Setup the WiFi bridge on your computer, then move it to the player.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can a wifi enabled Blu Ray player with applications access them without a smart TV?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment