Monday, October 7, 2013

What is the best router for my house?

blu ray player 802.11n
 on ... pour TV et Lecteur Blu-ray compatible Wi-Fi. (UWABR100AEP) Pre-802.11n
blu ray player 802.11n image



Nick


I am looking at Netgear routers and I want to find out which one is the best for my house. I have Comcast internet BTW. I want a 802.11n router. I have 2 laptops, a desktop, 2 Xboxs and a Wi-Fi Blu-Ray player that my dad uses to watch Netflix on. So I want a router that can handle the bandwith. Any suggestions? Thanks ;)


Answer
Personally, I have had many issues with Netgear routers. I had to toss two in the last five years.

I would not go any lower than the WNR3500L. It's an n router with a maximum speed of 300 Mbps. If you have previously setup a wireless network in your home and have concerns about interference, you may want to consider a dual band such as WNDR3700. It operates on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channels simultaneously to reduce interference. It also offers Gigabit ethernet speed if your network card supports it.

Is it possible to use a wireless modem with my blue ray player?




Black Dyno


I have a blue ray player that has an ethernet slot. Therefore I am wondering if it would be easier to run a cable to my router which is in another room or use a wireless modem to connect to my router in the other room. So I'm wondering if it is possible to connect a wireless modem to my Blu ray player.


Answer
You may want to look into something like this:
IOGEAR - Universal Wi-Fi N Adapter

Here's a snippet of the description:

Description:
---------------
Get your Ethernet enabled devices such as Gaming Consoles, Blu-ray⢠players, computers or HDTV connected to your wireless home network.

The new IOGEAR Universal Wireless-N Adapter allows you to connect your device such as a Blu-ray player, HDTV, or game console to any Wireless-N network in your home or office. The Wireless-N (IEEE⢠802.11n) Adapter works with any device with an Ethernet port. No need to purchase an USB adapter that only works with a specific brand or device. Simply connect the adapter to your device without worrying about re-wiring your home.

Avoid long stringing cables and enjoy the freedom to place your home entertainment center anywhere and still be connected to the Internet.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best router for my house?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment