Thursday, October 10, 2013

Should I buy a PC with a blu-ray player or not?

blu ray player quicktime
 on external ) Sony DRXS70U Sony DVD +R 20X. Sony DWD22A DVD ...
blu ray player quicktime image



Rebecca


I'm buying a new laptop, and I have come down to two choices: one with a Blu-ray player and one without. The computers are exactly the same except one has a blu-ray player and one doesn't. The one that does have a blu-ray player is 150 dollars more than the one without. Should I get the one with or without the blu-ray? Is the picture quality of blu-rays that much better than DVD's?


Answer
Blu-ray Disc (also known as BD or Blu-Ray) is an optical disc storage medium designed to supersede the standard DVD format. Its main uses are for storing high-definition video, PlayStation 3 video games, and other data, with up to 25 GB per single layered, and 50 GB per dual layered disc.

During the format war over high-definition optical discs, Blu-ray competed with the HD DVD format. Toshiba, the main company supporting HD DVD, conceded in February 2008, and the format war ended;[4] in July 2009, Toshiba announced plans to put out its own Blu-ray Disc device by the end of 2009.

If you want to save money, you can use a third party Blu-ray Ripper to help you to convert Blu-ray Disc to other video formats to enjoy on your QuickTime, Apple TV, iPod, etc.

How do I play Blu-Ray torrents on my laptop?




Irvine CA


I just bought a Dell XPS Studio 16. It has a 1920 x 1080 screen, but no blu-ray drive. How do I play 1080p Blu-Ray torrents on my laptop? Do I need special software or something? Thanks for the help.


Answer
You would need a graphic card that supports hi def. If you have one then you simply need a media player such as VLC media player. Most major media players support high def (Quicktime especially)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I buy a PC with a blu-ray player or not?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment