Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Does a digital optical cable convey TV audio only or also other devices connected to the TV with HDMI?

blu ray player rca output
 on Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-Ray Player � Walking Amongst Dark Shadows
blu ray player rca output image



J.C.


The TV I'm interested in buying doesn't have RCA-type stereo outputs. I've heard that the digital optical cable will only send the television signal to the receiver, not sending the signal from my Blu-Ray player, for example. Is that true?


Answer
Any audio sent to the TV via HDMI will be sent thru the optical out of the TV

Can I use a Blu Ray player on a standard definition TV?




Chris


I am looking into a Samsung BD-5300 Blu-ray Disc Player to use with an RCA TruFlat TV (basically looking for the cheapest way to get Hulu Plus in my living room), but I'd hate to buy it and have it not working.

Also, the TV doesn't have HDMI input, but I already have an HDMI to Component cable. Will this setup work?



Answer
You can use it, but you won't get any advantage from Blu-ray disks since it will play at "standard" resolution (not high definition).

HDMI to component cables are a scam. Most Blu-ray players have component outputs so just use that with a standard component cable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does a digital optical cable convey TV audio only or also other devices connected to the TV with HDMI?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment