Sunday, March 9, 2014

Are there desktops with blu-ray players and hdmi outputs?




tristan


Don't know very much about computers. Just bought a 47" 1080p 120hz tv, was wondering if I could use it as a monitor and watch blu-rays? If so which model would be best? Thanks.


Answer
You can install a blu-ray drive such as http://www.amazon.com/LITE--Blu-ray-Internal-Optical-iHOS104/dp/B002EE996Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311195491&sr=8-1 on almost any desktop nowadays, and most graphics cards have HDMI out ports on them.

Should I buy a blue ray player?




Juke Nibi!


Early this year blu beat HD-DVD and everyone was saying the uncertainty was over. But now I'm hearing Blu-ray might actually go the way of laser-disc anyway within a couple of years.

So what IS the format to buy? I have not upgraded my systems in 8 years, since I got my very first income as a kid/teenager. With that money I bought a nice dvd with dolby digital it's lasted me that long, and a receiver, speakers, etc.

What should I look for and consider buying?
I can wait it's not an immediate purchase but I think 9-10 years seems fine as a reason to upgrade (I still have a TUBE tv!!)

I'm already waiting on my 6 year old computer, I want a new one but I'm waiting for windows 7 lol



Answer
blu-ray will be around for at least another 10yrs

sony has said that the ps3 is a 10yr system. they will be supporting it for at least that long. therefore the blu-ray format will have support from sony for at least that long and that means companies that back up the format will be here to stay as well (and for those that don't like sony or ps3- get over yourselves- this is not a debate about which gaming system is better. this is strictly about the blu-ray disc format itself). remember- sony used the ps2 to introduce dvds into more homes than a stand-alone dvd player would have and the ps3 is quietly doing the same thing right now, where high end home theatres have an xbox for gaming and ps3 for blu-ray discs

blu ray players (high end ones, at least) will also be around for awhile because they are the first disc based players that can go online to download patches, feature updates, etc. this ensures obsolescence will not be an issue for awhile

so if you're considering getting a blu-ray player look for at least the following:

-hdmi version 1.3 compatibility
-ethernet/online hookup
-1080p output (believe it or not some players max out at 1080i or 720p)

updating your system to blu-ray will open up other avenues like eventually updating your receiver to one that accepts hdmi 1.3 and dts-hd and a tv that outputs 1080p at 120hz, etc. if that's what you're into

g luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are there desktops with blu-ray players and hdmi outputs?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment