Sunday, March 9, 2014

How do I stream my home network to my blu ray player?




Kaylynnvee


I have a Magnavox MBP5320 Blu Ray player and it connects to the internet just fine -- both wired and wireless. However, I cannot get the player to stream the home network's files. Ideally, I'd like to stream from the VLC player (because it plays just about anything).

When I go to the home network page on the player, it'll search for a server but then no server comes up. I have no idea how to fix this at all or solve this. I've tried googling it, but all that comes up are things for streaming Netflix or VUDU.

Thanks in advanced.



Answer
If you are trying to use a network drive, that will present a problem. You will need to stream directly from one of your computers. The MBP5320 is DLNA compliant and the home sharing setup must be as well.

This tutorial will help you get everything setup, http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vSupportHowToGuideDetail?storeId=15001&idval=UCM_STG_CNT_051244&catname=Blu-ray+Disc%26%238482%3B+Players&title=Usage+Guide+-++How+to+Setup+DLNA+on+Windows+7+Operating+System

Don't worry about it being on the Panasonic site, the process is not brand specific. Whether you will be able to use the VLC player is not clear. The manual does not give any information about video decoding.

Blu-Ray player ... wifi vs. ethernet connection?




Abra B


I already have a wifi router that I use to provide 'net access to my phone & wii. I am thinking of upgrading to a blu-ray player to make use of my hdtv . I know there are blu-ray players with wifi, but its still a costly feature that seems to come at the expense of some other qualities. So I'm thinking of running a long ethernet cord to hook it to the blu-ray. I do stream netflix just fine on my wifi network, but I was thinking that if I ever wanted to rent newer blockbuster or vudu titles, the hardwire would stream better, and also be more cost effective (not getting a Monster cord or anything ... I'm not a real audio/videophile). Even considering that wifi looks "cleaner" than running a cord somewhere across a room, does this seem like the best choice, to you?


Answer
I run ethernet across the hallway to my PS3 for streaming. It doesn't look very clean, but it's faster than wireless. Also, keep in mind that there can be signal strength issues with wireless. If you keep the player in some kind of entertainment center then this could be an issue. I prefer the speed of wired, regardless of the appearance.

BTW, you can get good prices on ethernet cables online at newegg.com. It's much cheaper than most local stores.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I stream my home network to my blu ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment