Saturday, March 15, 2014

How can I hook up my blu-ray player to ethernet?




James


I bought an LG "BD-Live" Blu-Ray player and I can hook it up to my internet for streaming Netflix and updates.

My modem and router is upstairs and I don't want to buy an ethernet adapter, so here is my question.

Can I simply buy a cable splitter and run one cable to my DVR box, and the other to my modem? Will this slow down my connection?

If anybody has done this with anything similar (Blu-Ray, X-Box, PS3..etc) can it be done this way, and does it affect performance (Internet speed?)

Thanks a lot
Edit: What I want to do is bring my modem and router downstairs, then run the ethernet cable from the router to the Blu-Ray player.



Answer
Edit: What I want to do is bring my modem and router downstairs, then run the ethernet cable from the router to the Blu-Ray player.

Yes, that will work just fine.

Internet connection to LG smart Tv through blu-ray player?




Jacob


Hi, Weâve recently purchased an LG 3D smart Tv which can stream internet on its installed browser. Also bought along with it was a 3D Blu-ray player which has wireless capabilities. We were sold a HDMI-ethernet cable for the connection between the blu-ray and Tv. but we canât seem to get the internet connection to reach the TV through the Blu-ray player. the blu-rayâs connection to the internet is fine and we can browse youtube videos on the player, but the connection doesnât go any further. When searching for a connection for the Tv it cannot find anything. :/

Can someone PLEASE help?? otherwise spending the extra grand was pointless. :/
hmm thank you minnie. but we were sold the blu-ray because it should act as a wireless adapter for the Tv.



Answer
I've never head of anyone trying to connect the internet to the DVD then out of the DVD to the set. How is the DVD passing the internet through to the TV? I suspect it's not. The DVD has apps that are internet capable and so does the set. Each needs it's own independent connection to the internet either ethernet or wireless.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I hook up my blu-ray player to ethernet?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment