Friday, March 28, 2014

Blu-Ray Player VS Roku - Netflix?




CiaoBella


I currently have a blu-ray player that I got for Christmas, after calling the company I found out that it doesn't connect to Netflix. I'm not sure if it would be easier for me to buy a Roku box or a new Blu-ray player that has Netflix capabilities? WIth the blu-ray player I would just put my current one in my bedroom to replace my old dvd player. The issue is a new blu-ray is about $75 versus a Roku which is about $50. I'm trying to be a little budget conscious here too. Also, I do not have any gaming systems either.

Any thoughts???



Answer
I would get a separate box.

My BluRay player has about 8 apps. My Western Digital Live box has 25 and gets regular updates. My WD box also plays computer files from USB flash drives and can even stream from my PC wirelessly. The little box's are much better than the 'after thought' of Netflix in a BluRay player.

How does NETFLIX work on Blu Ray players?




Quential


some models such as the BD300 from LG or the BD-P1600 from Samsung have Netflix features?
Can we stream the Blu Ray directly from Netflix?



Answer
You're not streaming a Blu-ray. (Blu-ray isn't a format, it's a storage medium.) What you're doing is streaming a movie over the internet. The Blu-ray just serves as the media server.

I believe some of the movies are in HD quality, but none of them have surround sound. I don't have one of these players, but from what I understand the streaming quality is fine for documentaries and TV shows, but not so much with the action movies.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Blu-Ray Player VS Roku - Netflix?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment