Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Blu Ray player won't play newer discs?




Zach Canno


My Sony Blu Ray player is the light of my life in dark times and I love it. Unfortunately we are having some issues as of late. The following is a detailed account of what is occurring and a plea for help from anybody:

Two of the newest movies I have purchased ("Les Misérables" and "Silver Linings Playbook") have had trouble playing. I will insert the discs into the device and after a lengthy loading process (never leaving the home screen) it says "Cannot operate this disc.". With Les Mis, I have had some success with turning the device on and off over and over again until it works, but Silver Linings is not so lucky. Another weird thing is the fact that another newly purchased movie, Django Unchained, works perfectly, as do all of my other films.

I'm in a bad place right now. If this keeps up, I will be forced to watch the DVD versions of these films, a line I do not wish to cross. If someone can help me with this situation, I would much appreciate it. And if the solution provides a safeguard against this type of behavior in the future then that would be just tops. I can't wait to read the two or fewer answers this question will recieve.



Answer
Well first of all a lot of Blu-Ray players are connected to the Internet (or are designed to be so) and one of the things that needs to be done every so often is to check for firmware updates (sometimes called simply "system" or "software" updates).

It may be that the newer Blu-Ray disks are coded with something that the newer firmwares are designed to handle.

Failing that, depending on the age, say one of the first few generations of players, it may just be getting a little long in the tooth and will never be able to play the newer disks. The only option at that point is to replace the unit with a newer one.

how to turn off blu-ray player?




Hannah


we just put in a blu-ray dvd and the dvd was messed up it's all jerky and only playing like frame by frame. I tried to stop the dvd and take it out, it didn't do anything. I've been pressing the power button, it won't turn off it keeps playing. i even tried unplugging it, (if I even pulled out the right thing) what the heck is going on???


Answer
You unplugged the wrong plug.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My Blu Ray player won't play newer discs?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment