Friday, March 28, 2014

How do I bypass blu-ray region restrictions?




Marco


I bought the "Breaking Bad" collectors edition on amazon and initially it said "all regions on it." What the site failed to mention is that the season 1 and 5 DVDs are region free but the other ones are all region A. So I was wondering whether anyone knew of any way, preferably without downloading any new programs, to get passed the blu-ray region restriction?
I accidentally typed DVD above but I meant blu-ray there too. Also I should note that I have the trial version of PowerDVD 13 installed and I'm in Belgium (aka region B).



Answer
You can sometimes change the region on your PC's drive but you can only do this a few times before it will becomes permanent.

You might be able to find a hack to get around this limitation.

Otherwise you need a region-free blu-ray player. Yeah, Oppo is nice but at $500 it's a bit pricey. I bought a player from Orei for about $80 which works well enough. It doesn't have some of the features the Oppo has, but it also doesn't cost $500.

Pc vs Blu ray player stand alone?




HUA!


I already have a 40" Sony bravia Led TV, and i watch blu ray movies downloaded from internet (totally free yeahh!) from my PC which is a dual core and 8400GS HDMI out, so i was wondering if at this point it would be necesary to buy a Blu ray player, what profits i'll have to spend 250 - 300 USD on a blu ray driver.

Any suggestion? do i'm wrong?

btw: even when my TV is a 120 Hz motion flow, i cannot active that feature when i c movies from My Pc :(
well bbt91945, i currently have watched some 5.1 movies like Star wars on my plugged X-530 logitech, and 5.1 really work, so i don't understand why you say i cannot have sorround, and of course blu ray players have dropped but, since i'm guessing i don't need it at all, i'm tring to find a good reason to buy one.

I'm having in mind one Sony bdp-S570



Answer
Blu-ray players have dropped to $90 here and the player would be a 1080p source and give you much better results all around. Downloading HD movies takes up huge amounts of hard drive space and the quality is not nearly as good.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I bypass blu-ray region restrictions?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment