Saturday, April 19, 2014

Blu ray drive for mac...........?

Q. I wanna go out and buy a blu ray drive that will hook up to my macbook pro. But im not sure whether any drives will work. Are blu ray drives USB? anyone have advice?

an example of what im looking at is here
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=5574821714452855948&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=blu+ray+drive&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960


Answer
I'm quite pro apple, but in this apple really sucks. You could buy the blu-ray drive (usb), but Mac os x doesn't support blu-ray. So no matter what you buy, as long as you use mac os x you can't use the blu-ray player. You can't play movies, you can't write to it etc. Only toast can burn blu-ray movies with your attached blu-ray player. There's nothing else you can do.

You could buy the blu-ray drive and install and use windows. But Mac os x (and therefore all programs on mac os x) doesn't support blu-ray.

How Do I update the firmware on my Sony Blu Ray player BDP S300 for Mac OS X Leopard?




jthunt_sk8


I have Mac OS X 10.5.6 and i cant get an update for the firmware of my blu ray player unless i have windows please give me a link or some help on what i can do!


Answer
Go to the Apple web site, under support. They may have an update for you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Blu ray drive for mac...........?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment