Saturday, May 31, 2014

Will Netflix buffer all the way if I leave it paused?




Sarah


I'm streaming Netflix on my TV (not a computer) with a blu-ray player that has built in Wifi. Usually it's fine, but tonight it keeps being pixely and jumpy and then buffering every couple of minutes.

My internet connection is strong and fine on my laptop, so I don't know why it's crappy on my blu-ray player that's like five feet away. Anyway if I keep the show paused will it load all the way? There's no bar to show it's loading (as there never is on the TV) so I can't tell.



Answer
it wont load all the way but it will load enough for you to get ahead ahead of the buffering.

which tv is better for gaming?




Danny Harr


Im looking to get a new pc for my bedroom for gaming and watching freeview. I will be gaming through an xbox, possibly have a blu ray player and I will also be watching freeview. The choices are:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32C530-32-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B003EEM1M4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-32LE4500-32-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B0043M66A4/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2TUPJ91YNV5Z9&colid=2BLC7TSOAZ1L5

By the way, sound isnt going to be much of a factor as I play using a gaming headset and i will be upgrading to a surround sound system for this TV (although that may be a problem as they may not support surround sound).

Thanks for all of your help :)



Answer
The bast TV for gaming is a Plasma. A very fast response time, requires no 'refresh rates' for fast motion viewing....Those who buy an LCD or LED for gaming really need at least 120 hz. refresh rate to reduce (not fix) the problem.. However, these high refresh rates can mess up movie viewing, and may have to be turned off when watching movies. It gets complicated to explain, but basically, movies shot in 24 FPS, are broadcast in 30 FPS by the TV stations, and the refresh rate can mess up the picture, possibly jumpy pictures, pixel loss, etc. By the way, the old story about plasma 'burn-in' is really no longer an issue. They have the same lifespan as any other TV now, and newer technology like slow orbiting will keep the trouble away..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will Netflix buffer all the way if I leave it paused?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment