Monday, May 26, 2014

Will The Next Xbox Game Console Use Blu-Ray?




LGA1155


I mean sony probably hates microsoft but.


Answer
Easy answer, no. Blu Ray is owned by Sony, so M-Soft will have nothing to do with it. Instead though, M-Soft will be creating a HD player of their own. If they went with Blu Ray, Sony could essentially demand a share of the profits from Xbox sales since it's their invention and a registered trademark and patent of the Sony Corperation.

Does using a PS3 as a Blu-ray player shorten the life of the console?




Byakuya


My wife and I just got a nice HDTV so now we want a Blu-ray player to go with it. I already have an Xbox 360 so I don't really need a new gaming console, but I figured as long as I'm getting a Blu-ray player anyway I might as well get a PS3. There are a couple PS3 exclusive games I want, but the main reason we'd be getting it would be to watch Blu-Ray movies. I've heard that watching movies on some consoles will shorten the life of the console, so I was wondering if that was an issue with the PS3. If we watch tons of Blu-ray movies on the PS3 would it shorten the life of it? Or did Sony make the system tough enough to handle this sort of use? Also, how is the interface on the PS3 Blu-ray player? Is it user-friendly enough that my wife could figure it out if I'm not around?


Answer
You have to consider just why the life is shortened.

If you only play a few games every now and again, watching movies on the console will obviously add quite a bit of running hours on it.

Sony had problems with this on the PS2, and Microsoft had problems with this on the Xbox. The idea was fairly new, though, and the drives in those consoles, as well as the ventillation, just weren't up to the task.

They say the PS3 is better. Well, it might be. We will see. I bought the protection plan on mine just in case. So far, it has been used primarily for movies since I bought it with no ill effects whatsoever. I no longer worry about it.

As for ease of use, it is a bit more complex than a standard player, but it is an incredibly good player, one of the best. As a matter of fact, it currently IS the best, minus one little issue that will only irritate you if you have one heck of a sound system, and are an audiophile. I am, it bugs me a bit. Most aren't, and they don't understand what the fuss is about.

It won't bitstream the new HD codecs. If you don't understand what that means, you will never know the difference. You still will get HD sound, so don't worry about it one bit. I repeat: If you don't understand that, you have nothing to worry about at all.

The rest of the PS3 makes it by far the best player on the market, but that comes with some caveats. Being the best means lots of options with fancy names. If your wife isn't the best with that sort of thing, be SURE to buy the optional remote control, as it will make it all as easy to use as most players.

If you have a person in your household that isn't that good with electronics, just buy that remote, and you should be as fine as you ever were.

If you worry about the BluRay discs reducing the life, get the thing from Best Buy, and buy the protection plan. They honor that plan well, but it is expensive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will The Next Xbox Game Console Use Blu-Ray?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment