Thursday, September 12, 2013

Using my TV's Ethernet port to play ripped Blu-Ray movies directly from my computer?

blu ray player linux
 on ... 2009 Dual audio Hindi English Blu-Ray Rip HD Full Mediafire Movie Link
blu ray player linux image



Rob Gane


I would eventually like to start my collection of Blu-Rays, but I had an idea that instead of buying a Blu-Ray player and hooking it up to my TV, I would just buy a Blu-Ray writer for my PC and rip the movies to play directly from my computer. Would this work? How does the quality and performance compare as to playing it from the disk on a BR player?

Thanks.



Answer
What you need is a way of streaming media to your tv. You need to find out wether your tv accepts media servers...eg. servio, xbmc, plex. and does it use services like samba and or upnp. If yes then use your pc to stream files via either upnp samba to your tv with a one of the above programs ( there are more like mediatomb for linux.)

The quallity will stay the same so long as you ripped the blueray without compressing or lowering quality.

Just make sure the connection can stream fast enough for the film to buffer. I recomend using a direct LAN connection or homeplugs with a gigabit connection.

Hope this helped.

How to hardcode subtitles on a movie?




Keeya


I was wondering how i could *hardcode* subtitles onto a movie (.mp4, .mkv). I do NOT want to have the option to turn off the subtitles. I want to permanently embed the subtitles onto the movie file. Is there any application that i could do this with on a mac? everything i have tried still gives me the option to turn them off. For this reason, my blu ray player will not read the .srt file. I must permanently overlay the subtitles onto the movie. Any solutions?


Answer
I know you have to mux the subtitle file and I'm familiar with MKVMerge GUI a Linux and Windows program. I've looked everywhere for a Mac program, forcing Google to use as many synonyms as I could think of, with no luck:-( Either a program is for Windows or, if it's a Mac program, it's older than the hills and no longer supported. I'm sure you can mux subtitle files with Final Cut Pro, or probably the Sony Vegas Pro everyone recommends but I'm just as sure that you probably don't want to spend $800 or more to embed subtitle files.

You might have better luck getting some help if you posted this question on an Apple forum.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Using my TV's Ethernet port to play ripped Blu-Ray movies directly from my computer?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment