Thursday, September 12, 2013

What use are the built in sound decoders on my blu ray player?

blu ray player 5.1 analogue output
 on ... canada BDP430 3D-Compatible 1080p Streaming Blu-ray Disc Player
blu ray player 5.1 analogue output image



bdiddydawg


Hi i just bought a blu ray player that has built in audio decoders for all the new stuff like DTS-HD etc. How does this work? Can i get those decoders to play through my regular 5.1 system or do i still need a 7.1 reciever to play them? I was looking a receiver with all the HD type decoders on it but do i need them on both the blue ray and the receiver?


Answer
You need either your player OR your receiver to decode the audio formats, but you don't need both. If your receiver doesn't have HDMI 1.3 you'll need your player to decode it. The catch is your player will have to have analog outputs and your receiver will have to have analog inputs. Now you're 5.1 receiver probably has the inputs, but your player probably doesn't have analog outs-most do not. If you list your receiver and player models I can take a look and see if it's possible.

If you're receiver and player don't meet these requirements, you'll need to consider that when buying a receiver. You can find a receiver that will do 7.1 and decode the audio formats internally for about $400+

Is there some way to connect my surround sound to the rest of my equipment?

Q. Is there some way to connect my 5.1 Earthquake Nova surround sound to my Xbox 360, 46" Samsung LN46A500T1F-HDTV, and Cox Cable box through my blu-ray player. I can only connect the surround sound to the blu-ray player since the surround sound only has the six rca/analog connections.


Answer
If your s/s has an audio input, connect your devices to the available tv ports and run an a/v cable from the tvs audio output to the s/s audio input. You might have to change the sources when doing different things but mine stays on tv/video and has surround sound all the time. If I watch a movie, I switch it to dvd and so on.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What use are the built in sound decoders on my blu ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment