Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How can I make my Playstation 3 Blu Ray player picture less fluid?

blu ray player vs ps3
 on CES 2006: Sony Blu-ray Disc Player - IGN
blu ray player vs ps3 image



Steve


I just bought a new TV and the refresh rate is higher than the old one (120hz vs. 60hz.) It was a little too fluid for some shows, causing blurriness and choppy images. I was able to adjust the setting for the TV picture, but when I am watching a movie on my PS3 I encounter the same problem. Does anyone know how I can adjust the setting on my PS3 so that the picture appears less fluid? Thanks.


Answer
you can't

why should i buy PS3 instead of a blue ray?




bob0103


i was about to buy a blue ray player and am now seeing advice that a PS3 is more "future proof". i know nothing about PS3 - why is it a better choice?


Answer
A year or so ago, Blu-Ray was in transition... it was pretty new, and the Blu-Ray people has just announced profiles 1.1 (which offers picture in picture) and 2.0 (which offers online interactivity). Shortly thereafter, these features were added to the PS3 with a software download... other players generally couldn't be upgraded at all for the new stuff.

In the early days of DVD, there were many players released with small bugs... the main reason a bunch of players didn't play DVD-R was that there was a bug in the early reference code (the code that DVD Forum Licensees could use in their players as a starting point) that prevented DVD-R or RW from playing properly. With Blu-Ray, the potential for such errors is even higher... so most players can be updated somehow.

Sony is at the heart of the Blu-Ray world (they're not the only company making decisions, but they are one of the leaders), and the PS3 is what they use as their reference platform. So fixes for Blu-Ray go out for the PS3 first and often.

That's still true today, but Blu-Ray is far more stable than it was a year ago... new players are probably just fine at this point; major bugs will probably be dealt with, even if their update schemes are less often or sophisticated.

When I got my PS3, it was not only the best Blu-Ray player, but among the cheapest. Today, the PS3 is still $399, but other Blu-Ray players are available for much less... though check the details. The cheap ones are less likely to support 1.1 or 2.0 features... those may or may not matter to you. I still think the PS3 is among the best Blu-Ray players, but it was kind of a no-brainer last year, now you could debate price vs. features.

Of course, the PS3 is also a game machine, a web browser, and a home media players. I can put a video I shoot on my HDV camcorder on a memory stick and play it back on the PS3 (or over the network, for that matter). I can use the PS3 as a music jukebox, with access to all my digital audio (locally or over the network). You really could use it for a video jukebox, too, with a bit of work... you can user-upgrade the HDD to 500GB or so (laptop-style 2.5" HDD.. the user manual shows the procedure). So it's pretty nice, but if these features mean nothing to you, you may not think of it as such a good deal.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I make my Playstation 3 Blu Ray player picture less fluid?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment