Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Blu ray player vs streaming player?




Heather


I'm trying to figure out which would be better, a built in wifi blu ray player or a streaming player, such as roku. I would like something I can stream netflix, etc on. I already have a blu ray player but it cant stream. Would it be better to get a blu ray player that I can stream netflix, or something like roku which has more streaming options? They seem to be comparable in price.


Answer
I would get the Blu-Ray with streaming, and keep the old one as a spare.

What box should I add to my TV? (Apple TV vs Roku vs Blu-Ray etc)?

Q.


Answer
I think you should consider a Samsung blu-ray dvd player and a small form factor pc.

I know many different manufacturers make dvd players but Samsung makes the model I like. The BD-C6500 plays dvds, cds, cdrw, dvdrw in addition to having Blockbuster, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Pandora and it has a wireless network card-no wires!
This model also allows you to see files from other devices on your network. A killer app for your tv for around $200 new and $125 used.

If you want to do some web browsing, some email, some photo editing maube work on your thesis and store some movies, music, and pictures of your mom; a small form factor pc is your thing. You have to have more than a laptop. They get lost, stolen, broken... If macs are your thing, the mac mini is your thing. If windows or linux is how you roll, consider the ASUS Eee Box - EB1501




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Blu ray player vs streaming player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment