Saturday, June 7, 2014

Blu-Ray player or just buy a PS3?




dadawgdom


i currently own a 36in plasma vizio tv. i own an xbox 360 but HD dvd is pretty much worthless at this point and ive been looking at some Blu-Ray players but a ps3 is only about 100 more dollars. is it worth the investment or would another game system be pretty much pointless?
any pros or cons of buying or not buying one?



Answer
A year ago when I got my PS3, it was a no-brainer... it was easily the best Blu-Ray player out, it got regular software updates from Sony (important for either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD in the early days... bugs were common enough), and it was actually one of the cheapest ones around.

I'm happy with mine, and while I'm not a super serious gamer, I did buy some games. I'd claim they're starting to get better looking than the X-Box 360 games... it's taken that long for programmers to figure out what to do with the weird but very powerful PS3 architecture (my son has a 360).

I still think it's one of the best Blu-Ray players around; you'd have to go pretty high end to get the full features (BD 2.0 stuff like online, for what that's worth), and of course, it's a great general media player, handles WMV and DivX files, network video, etc (sure, the X-Box does that kind of stuff too). And the regular DVD upscaling is crazy... I didn't really believe any player would do it better than your normal HDTV does it, but the PS3 made me a believer, whatever magic it's doing, it works.

If you're a serious gamer, you eventually need every console, anyway (my kids also have a Wii). If you're on the fence, check out the games you can't get on the X-Box, and maybe that's enough for you to make a decision.

The only real thing against the PS3 vs. a dedicated Blu-Ray player -- the sucker gets HOT. It uses lots of power, and if you have it in an enclosed area, that might be a problem. On an open shelf, no big deal. Also, they're supposedly dropping the price $100 in April or thereabouts.. you might want to check into that.

Can you use a laptop cooling pad on a Blu-Ray player?




I Am Bayto


I think I may have an overheating problem with my LG BD570. There are frequent times when Blu-ray movies will freeze then either lock-up or skip several chapters. The firmware is current and the player is away from the speaker to avoid vibrations. After two hours of "Avatar", the last 50 minutes would freeze consistently.

The Blu-ray player sits on top of my DVR, so the player bottom gets hot. There is currently no place to move the player other than under the DVR. Instead of making a stand, I wanted to try a laptop cooler. My question is "Will the plastic fan cause enough static electricity to be a problem to the Blu-ray player?" If it isn't a problem with a laptop, wouldn't it be okay with a Blu-ray player?



Answer
It is not necessary for you to worry about heat from the player. Trying using a lens cleaner on your player and see if that works. I watch the same movie on my first generation Panasonic blu ray model DB-10 which is 3 years old and have had no problem. On the same movie when it was released, I read many problems from consumers with the movie not loading or freezing, from brands like Samsung, LG and Sony along with other bargain price players. I also have a Pioneer Elite player and have had no problem at all. If you read Home Theater Magazine the best entry blu ray disc player are the Panasonic BD-85 and the Sony PS3. Hope this will help you out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Blu-Ray player or just buy a PS3?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment