Thursday, June 5, 2014

Should I add a Blu Ray player to my PC?




Jeff G


I am buying a new PC. My current PC is 4 years old. It still runs great since I know how to keep up with computers so I am expecting that my new PC will last me at least 4 years as well. I am just getting a new one because things are getting out dated. For most PCs now I can add a Blu Ray player for around 200 dollars or I can keep the standard 16x DVD/CD Combo. I already have a PlayStation 3 so I don't need a Blu Ray player for movies.

What do you guys think? Should I invest 200 dollars for a Blu Ray player or do you think it is pointless.

Just some ideas for arguments. Does anybody know if any exclusive Blu Ray only PC games are coming out? In Four years do you think most people would be on Blu Ray or still on DVD?

There really is no right answer to this question so please give me your advice. Also please no one word answers. Explain why I should or shouldn't.



Answer
the only things that came out for blu rays disk are ps3 games and movies,since you have a ps3, i would save your money.

Can I use a home theater Blu-Ray player for a PC?




timebaby3


Can I use a home theater Blu-Ray player for an HP Elite PC with a high def video card, TV tuner and HDMI port?


Answer
You will have to worry about whether the HD video card HDMI port is an output or an input. If -- as I suspect -- it's an output (intended to go to a monitor or TV) you can't INPUT a signal from the output of the Blu-ray player.

Frankly, I think you would be better to consider an internal or external Blu-ray drive for the computer, rather than a standalone Blu-Ray player. HOWEVER, consider whether your computer is up to handling HD (in addition to the video subsystem there are minimum CPU and RAM requirements).

Hope that helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I add a Blu Ray player to my PC?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment