Sunday, June 1, 2014

How do I update my PS3's Blu ray player?????




FO80


So I got a new Blu Ray movie and in the begining it said that in order for me to use my disc to it's full potential that I need to update my player... How do I update it??? And dnt tell me to update it on playstation.com cuz I already got the 3.60 version and it stii says it.... HELP


Answer
Don't worry about that. That is a standard message on all blu-ray movie discs. The message will disappear after a while and the movie will play just fine. If Sony views a need to update their player, its usually included in firmware updates anyways so you should be good.

Does sony send out disks if requested for firmware updates for blu-ray players?




Jacksite20


Model- BDP S300
My grandad has a sony blu-ray player and it is out of date (has something like firmware update 3.7 on it when it should be 5.5).
It is out of date and i have had problems while putting the disk into the player- it says the disk cannot be read. I burned 2 disks with the same software (disks being CD-R Audio). These never worked and the blu-ray player is left unused (recently released disks cannot be read on the old firmware version).

It had only just been released at time of purchase so doesnt have an internet connection or USB port like current ones- which would be a lot easier.

MY QUESTION IS
does Sony send out a disk if requested if i have problems doing this? I guess some people who don't have a computer can't get the update so it is sort of annoying how Sony can't spend a few pennies sending out firmware disks. I know the modern/easier way is to use a USB stick but unfortunitally its too old. And no sarcastic comments like "Buy a new one".
PLEASE NOTE- I am NOT American so i cannot receive disks so some reason. The site is different. I guess Sony don't want to help out their British customers the same as their American ones =(



Answer
I think Blu-Ray was conceived from the start as a system where the players would all have Internet connectivity and the ability to download content and updates on the fly, but the early models weren't released with full (or any) online functionality, making updating them highly inconvenient.

Anyway, your best bet is to phone Sony up and ask them. If they can't send a disc they should at least tell you how to do it yourself properly - otherwise the player (which must only be a few years old, right?) can't really be described as fit for purpose, can it? And it's not as if Blu-Ray players have yet reached the very cheap price point (like DVD players) where buying a new one would be trivial. Even a "cheap" Blu-Ray player is still something like £100.

Bottom line is if they designed the Blu Ray system so that players would need constant firmware updates to be able to play new discs, they need to offer support for them. They made their bed so they have to lie in it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I update my PS3's Blu ray player?????
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment