Saturday, August 24, 2013

what is a good brand for a blu ray player ?

blu ray player apps
 on brief video walk through of how the Netflix application works on a ...
blu ray player apps image



mw3051


i need a blu ray player that can of course play blu ray and dvd's, but also can stream stuff like hulu or netflix, and also will let me play movies from a computer on my local area network.

being able to check the weather would be nice too.

any helpful advice is appreciated.

thank you.



Answer
Be careful. The inclusion of streaming apps in televisions and blu ray players is a "add on". I have 8 streaming apps on my Panasonic BluRay player. I have 28 on my WD TV Live box and my WD box has a better interface, gets updated every few weeks, streams from my PC or USB flash and HDD drives.

For $99 it is a much better device and experience. (And yes - it does have a Weather app).

My advice would be you get a good, basic BluRay player, but get your streaming apps from a media server like a Roku unit or the WD TV Live box.

Do I need a specific kind/brand of Blu-ray Player for it to work on my tv?




Peace Begi


I'm trying to buy a Blu-ray Player but I'm not sure if there is a specific kind/brand that I need for it to work on my tv, I have a HD Vizio TV. I'm looking on Best Buy for Blu-ray Players and they have all sort's of different brands, Like LG, Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, And more. But there is no Vizio one I kind find, So I'm wondering does it really matter which brand I get? Will they all work for my tv? Oh and just looking for a high quality Blu-ray Player but I don't need these ones that come with built in wifi or apps or anything like that, It just makes it more expensive. All I want is a top quality Blu-ray player that will just play my Blu-ray movies of course, And one that works for my HD Vizio TV. Can you please help me? I would really appreciate it! I will give out a best answer, I always do.


Answer
You don't necessarily absolutely have to. All you really need to be sure of is to get one that has connections for your TV, sound system, and if need be, network.
A bonus is to get one the same brand as your TV, so you can use the CEC features.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is a good brand for a blu ray player ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment