Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What type of Router classification is best to hook up a laptop and a blu ray player or television?

blu ray player laptop
 on Abstracts Of The Number And Yearly Pay Of The Land Forces ... Of Horse ...
blu ray player laptop image



john w


i have just gotten cable vision internet service. i am going to get a wireless router. I will use it for my laptop. In addition I have heard that you can get Net Flix movies over the internet that use a special blu ray player or tv. Do i need an N rated router or more like a N+ or does it matter?


Answer
Hi John w;

The N standard is the newest and is backwards compatable with the other standards. The N standard will give you the fastest transfer rate, so it is in your best interest to get a N router.

Enjoy the movies!

Can I connect my Samsung Blu Ray player to the internet by plugging it in to my laptop with a cat5 cable?




Jade


I am trying to update my blu ray player and I do not have a wireless adapter. My router is too far away from my player to run a cable directly to it. I have tried to plug it directly in to my laptop and it recognizes it as an unidentified public network. It shows it as an local area connection with no network access. I am stumped and not very computer literate.


Answer
What I did for an update firmware is tell the manufacturer that I have no internet connection at home and only use my work and can not download it. So they sent me a disc to update my firmware. Hope this will help you out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of Router classification is best to hook up a laptop and a blu ray player or television?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment