Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Why are my Netflix blu ray discs playing in widescreen?

blu ray player zoom
 on enlarge bp420 3d blu ray disc player zoom in zoom
blu ray player zoom image



Spencer


I have a 40 inch tv and a blu ray player. They both work great just netflix movies play in widescreen. Is there any way to fix this? The only movie that played in fullscreen blu ray was spiderman 2.


Answer
BluRay players will normally try to give you OAR - Original Aspect Ratio.

If you pop in a modern TV show on a BluRay disk - it should exactly fill your screen because HD TV shows were shot in exactly 16:9 ratio.

But movies - are shot in dozens of different ratios. This will produce black-bars on most HDTV's and the size of the bars will vary based on the movie.

Most televisions have a "Aspect" button that will zoom in and stretch the image to fill the screen.

The down side is if the camera pans you will get a "fish eye" effect as the center of the screen is not stretched as much as the edges - but it will fill the screen.

Check your TV remote or the TV setup menu. The better televisions will 'remember' that HDMI2 needs to be zoomed in.

Hope this helps.

Can I watch a full screen dvd video in widescreen (with black bars) on my Blu Ray player?




mnn n


Is it possible to watch a full screen dvd in widescreen on my blu ray player?
What i am trying to ask is..is it possible to watch a full screen dvd in widescreen with the black bars at the top and bottom..please and thank u



Answer
I am not sure what you are asking. Any standard dvd should be playable on a blu-ray player. If it is a wide screen dvd then it should display in wide screen format (some wide screen formats cause black bars at the top and bottom of the screen). If it is a full screen dvd (4:3) and not a wide screen dvd then you will see it in 4:3 (with the black bars of the right and left sides of the picture). However if you are asking if a full screen video will magically become wide screen if you play it on your blu-ray player then my answer to you is no it will not.


edited.
What i am trying to ask is..is it possible to watch a full screen dvd in widescreen with the black bars at the top and bottom..please and thank u.

If you stretch or zoom the picture you will make fill the screen but it won't be like a true wide screen video. Stretching will make things wider than they should be and zooming will cut off the tops and bottoms of the videos.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

If you put a full screen (4:3) video into your blu ray player and it is set for a "normal" picture (not stretched or zoomed) what you will get is 4:3 video with black bars on the right and left sides of your screen. I have watched videos that were full screen and on my wide screen tv they only show in 4:3 with black bars on the right and left sides.

You will NOT get a wide screen video with black bars on the top and bottom. How could you when the information on the video is not there? You would need a wide screen version of the dvd in order to get a wide screen video. This is why, when I started buying dvd's I bought wide screen versions even though I only had a standard 4:3 television at the time. I knew that sooner or later I would buy a wide screen tv and would be able to enjoy the videos in wide screen.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why are my Netflix blu ray discs playing in widescreen?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment