Wednesday, October 30, 2013

How can I convert my new Samsung Plasma TV into Smart TV with QWERTY remote?

blu ray player keyboard remote
 on Sony NSZ-GT1 Internet TV Blu-ray Disc Player - Product Review - Page 2 ...
blu ray player keyboard remote image



K


I just bought my first TV. It's a 60" Samsung PN60F5300. I got a great deal on it, which allowed me to go to 60", but I don't have Smart TV capability. The salesman told me I could get a Smart box (like Roku, Vizio Co-Star, or NetGear NeoTV MAX) or a Blu-ray player with smart TV capabilities, and it would be a similar result. I don't have a DVD player, so I will need to buy one regardless. I am looking to get good quality, reliable electronics, without breaking the bank...so really, I'm just looking for good value. It is also a HUGE benefit for me to get a QWERTY remote for the Smart TV apps.

My choices:
1) Get a Smart set-top box that comes with a QWERTY remote and a plain Blu-ray player
2) Get a Smart set-top box, buy a separate QWERTY remote, and a plain Blu-ray player
3) Get a Smart DVD player and purchase a separate QWERTY remote
4) Return the TV and just buy a 50" Smart Vizio LED E-series TV that comes with a QWERTY keyboard (This would cost $35 more than the TV I have now, but I would lose 10" of screen size. I would still need to buy a plain Blu-ray player.)

My questions:
1) Which options provide the most value for a good price?
2) What brands would you recommend for these items?
3) If I buy a Blu-ray player or set-top box without a QWERTY remote, is it even possible to get one separately that will work? What product would this be?

Please help! Any advice or recommendations are welcomed! Thank you in advance!
I don't really need any gaming at all, and I'm thinking about cost, so PS3 or XBox probably won't work with my budget as well as the other options.



Answer
Yes, the Xbox seems like the winner, if it's not too expensive. If you wouldn't need the Blu-ray player, the Roku 3 has been a great success. New interface, faster hardware etc.

But it's only a streaming player. If you look into it, this review might help
http://www.topgadgetreviews.com/roku-3-streaming-player/

I am thinking of buying an Hp slimline s3500t computer. Is it a good buy for gaming and HTPC?




Trini3000


Been trying to find reviews on the new HP s3500t. Ideally, I wanted to use it for gaming as well as to connect to my flatscreen as a blu ray player and monitor. I really like the compact design and think it will be a great HTPC with some gaming capability. I installed the 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS, Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E7200 (2.5GHz, 3MB), and 4GB of RAM. Based on the brief details, do you think it can achieve what I am looking for?

Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E7200 (2.5GHz, 3MB)

Memory 4GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x2048)

Graphics card 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS, DVI-I, HDMI, VGA adapter

Hard drive FREE UPGRADE to 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 320GB

Networking 802.11 b/g USB Wireless LAN card

Primary CD/DVD drive Blu-ray DVD writer/player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner

TV & entertainment experience ATSC & NTSC TV tuners with PVR, remote

Sound Card Integrated 5.1 Capable Sound w/ front audio ports

Productivity software SALE! Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student Edition 2007 -- Save $100


Keyboard and Mouse HP wireless keyboard and HP wireless optical mouse



Answer
This looks like a really good pc for everything you need. I ordered a computer on hp.com about a month ago and i couldnt be happier.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I convert my new Samsung Plasma TV into Smart TV with QWERTY remote?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment