Saturday, November 2, 2013

what is a good brand for a blu ray player ?

blu ray player hulu
 on ... -WiFi-Built-in-Blu-ray-Player-BDP-S590-Netflix-Hulu-Priority-Shipping
blu ray player hulu image



mw3051


i need a blu ray player that can of course play blu ray and dvd's, but also can stream stuff like hulu or netflix, and also will let me play movies from a computer on my local area network.

being able to check the weather would be nice too.

any helpful advice is appreciated.

thank you.



Answer
Be careful. The inclusion of streaming apps in televisions and blu ray players is a "add on". I have 8 streaming apps on my Panasonic BluRay player. I have 28 on my WD TV Live box and my WD box has a better interface, gets updated every few weeks, streams from my PC or USB flash and HDD drives.

For $99 it is a much better device and experience. (And yes - it does have a Weather app).

My advice would be you get a good, basic BluRay player, but get your streaming apps from a media server like a Roku unit or the WD TV Live box.

Can I download apps on my LG BP325W blu ray player?




C


My new blu ray player didn't have a manual with it to explain anything, and I know nothing about blu ray players. It has Netflix and VUDU on it, but I want to download Hulu plus and Amazon digital download so I can sign in on those accounts on the blu ray player and stream via the TV and not via my Kindle Fire. Is this possible?


Answer
In general services are hard encoded through firmware. Unless LG decides to add Hulu you are probably out of luck. But check the manual ... see the link and download a copy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is a good brand for a blu ray player ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment