Saturday, November 2, 2013

Would you recommend the PS3 as a good Blu-Ray player, or should I get a standalone player?

blu ray player prices
 on ... blu-ray disc player | Specifications, features and cost of Sony blu
blu ray player prices image



ecockpit


I'm Looking into a Blu-Ray player, and I'm wondering if the PS3 would be a good choice for one. I'm also into video games, and I already own a Wii and a 360. However, I know many other Blu-Ray players are less than the $300 price the PS3 has. Any tips/recommendations?


Answer
Since Blu-Ray is a relatively new technology, get a player that is able to get firmware updates in case there are changes to the media. The PS3 is an excellent choice there.

A perfect example of this: Remember older DVD players cannot play CDs or burned disks, aren't compatible with MP3s, JPGs, or even AVIs. Some even had a hard time recognizing dual-layer discs. If they were able to upgrade the firmware in the player, they might still be useful today.

PS3 is so much more than just a gaming console, also. You can stream music, movies, and pictures from your PC, stream TV and movies from the internet, have access to all the NetFlix instant movies to your main entertainment system. It is also an upscaling DVD player, web browser, WiFi connectivity built in...

PS3 is a great choice if it is in your budget.

Can I connect RCA speakers and subwoofer to Sony blu ray player?




MjFN1


I have a vizio HDTV and a Sony blu ray player, I found the RCA speakers and subwoofer with speaker wires(only) at a good price. I dont know much about electronics but will I be able to somehow hook all this up with what I have? If so, can someone send me a link or tell me how?


Answer
No, you can't. You need a receiver to power your speakers.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would you recommend the PS3 as a good Blu-Ray player, or should I get a standalone player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment