Friday, October 18, 2013

How can I hook up an HDMI only Blu Ray player to an old component only Sony Wega TV?

blu ray player component output
 on Sony 7.2 3D Blu-ray Component System and more HTS and Components at ...
blu ray player component output image



eplaya42


I just purchased a Samsung BD-E5400 for my parents. Turns out, they only have an old flat screen, first gen Sony Wega that is HD compatible, but only has the red, white, and yellow outputs. The only output jacks that exist on the Blu Ray player are a USB and HDMI output. Is there a converter I could possibly use?


Answer
Yes, HDMI to RCA converter
http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Universal-Composite-Converter-Standard/dp/B0080KN18K/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376238055&sr=1-4&keywords=hdmi+to+rca

Where do you I go to purchase I HD component Switch and Blu Ray Player?




Jimmy W


Hello,

I am looking to purchase an HD component Switch for an older model HDTV that doesnt have HDMI hookup but it only has two components. I'm looking for an HD component switch so i can add my xbox,wii,dvd player and eventuall blu ray player.

i was looking at this one. would either of these work?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3964912&locale=en_US

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3932514&locale=en_US

Also is there an blu ray player available on the market that would work on my old model HDTV that wouldn't hurt the pixels on the screen?



Answer
The second switch claims to be HD compatible.

You also need to take care to buy HD rated component cables. Most of the $25 component cables are designed for standard def frequencies. Try www.bluejeanscables.com.

(You can use the cheap cables and it will appear to work but there might be some slight loss of fine-focus details and solid colors may swirl. It wont damage anything but the image quality).

Why would you think a BluRay player would 'hurt' your HDTV? Something is strange about your concern.

Also - does the Wii offer component outputs? I thought it was Composite output only?



Most of the cheap bluray players do NOT have component outputs. Sony players in particular will not output 1080p on component jacks to annoy pirates. Look at Panasonic and Samsung players.

I just searched on Amazon for "blu ray player component output" and found a bunch. None of them are the $60 budget models, but they do offer component outputs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I hook up an HDMI only Blu Ray player to an old component only Sony Wega TV?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment