Saturday, February 8, 2014

blu-ray player for 24"?




musicfan12


should i get an Insignia Blu-ray player for my Dynex - 24" Class / 1080p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV?
would i see a difference in picture quality? overall would it be a good idea to get one? i want to get it now because it is cheap at Best Buy for only $100



Answer
If you connect the tv with an hdmi cable, you will get 1080p out of the blu ray and it would be worth the $100.

External blu ray player to pc to tv through hdmi?




Zack


Okay, so I bought an external blu ray writer and am concerned about the quality I will receive after connecting my pc to my tv. Will my computer in any way limit the overall quality my tv will display? I asked this question of amazon, please read the conversation below.




You are now connected to Chadwick from Amazon.com

Me:If I play a blu ray movie through an external blu ray drive connected to my pc connected to my tv through an hdmi cable, will I lose any quality? What I mean is, will the quality be limited to the specs of my computer screen or will the quality be the same provided by a regular blu ray player connected directly to my tv?

Chadwick:Thank you for contacting Amazon, my name is Chadwick.

Me:I ask because I just bought a Samsung SE-506BB/TSBD 6X USB2.0 External Slim Blu-ray Writer

Chadwick:Wow what a question Zachary, being honest I'm not sure. But from experience I basically get the same quality from the actual movie or blu ray. The quality of the computer's screen wouldn't affect the out put through the hdmi. So it should be high definition right though.
I hope I answered that clear enough.

Me:Yeah but when you connect a computer to a tv via hdmi, it's just doubling the computer screen. Wouldnt that limit the specs to that of the computer?

Chadwick:Let me simplify.
Wow, I'm giving this some thought.
This is a very good question.
I think if your Television has a higher resolution than that of your computer screen then while watching a hd movie while connected to your computer through a hdmi cable. You would see a clearer resolution from the television. You wouldn't be limited to the screen of the computer. But while just surfing the net or doing regular stuff from the computer you would be limited to the quality of the computer monitor.

Me:How could the two activities produce different results?
Chadwick:Let me illustrate for you. Do you own a playstation or xbox?

Me:Yes
I see where you're going with your illustration, but it doesn't seem quite the same. Neither of those provide screen duplication or extension.
Chadwick:Okay if you were to play call of duty which the quality is 1080p (this is the quality the disc contains) then if you play on a regular tv lets say a TV with the resolution of 720p Then that's the maximum out put you would get because that's the limit the TV has while the disc can give you the full 1080p. if you had a TV that can give the full 1080p then you would see the full quality of the disc.

Me:I understand that. However, in your illustration my pc would be a PS3. I'm worried about my graphics card limiting the processing of the resolution. I think the output resolution from my pc to tv will be determined on the quality of my computer, not the quality of my tv. Say the disc I want to play is 1080i, but my tv can only process 720, I dont think it will be able to jump from 1080 to 720 back to 1080.
but my tv can only process 720 - correction - but my *computer* can only process 720

Chadwick:Well I guess in this case it may have to be trial and error. You have a good point also. So if the blu ray writer drive doesn't work out for you then you'll have a month to decide if you want to return for a refund.

Me:I wish there were an easy way to determine quality based on appearances. Being that it will be my first blu ray player I wont have anything to to compare the results against.
Chadwick:I agree, and as far as it goes for blu ray players I use my PS3 so I really don't know how best to advise you in this case. I just think it will be trial and error.

Me:I guess the only way I'll know for sure is hooking it up to my tv and comparing it to my computer screen. If it's the same quality then I'll have to return it.

Chadwick:That won't be a problem, just contact us if you need a return label.
External blu ray player to pc to tv through hdmi

Is there anything else I could assist with?

Me:That should do it, thanks.

Chadwick:You're most welcome Zachary. Have a great night. Pleasure speaking to you.
Thanks for making it amazon.



Answer
- What resolution is your tv? What is your computer model number and/or graphic/video card model number?
= No your computer monitor has nothing to do with what resolution is sent through the video cable to the tv..... = BTW, when your doing dual/clone screen or extended screen your using two separate cables right? If your using a splitter cable or something then please look below at the bottom.
= Your computer's graphics/video card has the abilities of how high of a resolution it can send (depends on the card and what video cable your using). = If your using hdmi, your graphics card should do at least 1920x1080p/24bpp/60hz.
- (If video cable is transferring 1080p, but tv is 720p, tv will downscale it to 720p). (If video cable is transferring 720p, but tv is 1080p, tv will upscale it to 1080p). (= I recommend you choose the same resolution to output on the graphics card to match the same resolution on the tv so there is no scaling). (= 1080p movie/game will look better than a 720p movie/game even if your only transferring 720p over the video cable and receiving 720p on the tv).

= (Video cables: DisplayPort, HDMI or DVI carry digital video). (DVI, VGA, Component, Scart, S-Video, or Composite carry analog video).
- DisplayPort cable (v1.2 four lane link): Up to 4096x2160p/24bpp/60hz or 2560x1600p/48bpp/60hz or 1920x1080p (48bpp/120hz or 24bpp/240hz or 24bpp/120hz for 3D). (DP v1.1a two lane link is similar to high speed HDMI v1.4).
- HDMI cable (v1.4): Standard speed up to 1920x1080i/24bpp/60hz or 1280x720p/24bpp/60hz. High speed up to 4096x2160p/24bpp/24hz or 3840x2160p/24bpp/30hz or 2560x1600p/24bpp/60hz or 1920x1080p (48bpp/60hz or 24bpp/120hz or 24bpp/60hz for 3D). (HDMI v1.0 to v1.2, high speed is similar to DVI-SL, standard speed is similar to component).
- DVI cable: Single-Link up to 1920x1080p/24bpp/60hz. Dual-link up to 2560x1600p/24bpp/60hz.
- VGA cable: Up to 2048Ã1536p/24bpp/85hz.
- Component-video cable: Up to 1920x1080i/24bpp/60hz or 1280x720p/24bpp/60hz.
- Scart > S-Video > Composite-video cables: Up to 720x480i/24bpp/60hz (NTSC countries) or 720x576i/24bpp/50hz (PAL/SECAM countries).

= (Audio cables: DisplayPort, HDMI, S/PDIF Optical, or S/PDIF Coxial carry digital audio). (Red/White or Headphone jack carry analog audio).
- DisplayPort (v1.0 to v1.2) or HDMI (v1.3 to v1.4) cable: Up to 7.1/24bit/96khz or 5.1/24bit/192khz (192khz for PCM). Up to 8 channels (7.1) uncompressed PCM and lossless compression surround sound formats DTS-HD-MA or Dolby TrueHD and lossy compression surround sound formats DTS-HD-HR, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS, or Dolby Digital.
- S/PDIF Optical or S/PDIF Coxial cable: Up to 5.1/20bit/48khz (96khz for DTS 96/24 and 192khz for PCM) (or 6.1 DTS-ES Discrete) (24bit optional). Up to 2 channels (2.0) uncompressed PCM and lossy compression surround sound formats DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS, or Dolby Digital.
= Tip: If you have a receiver that does not support DTS-HD-MA, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD-HR, or Dolby Digital Plus bitstreams, you can tell your output device to decode it into PCM and then send it over the hdmi cable to the receiver.

= Other cable options. You need a converter if you want to go from digital to analog (example: hdmi to vga converter) or analog to digital (example vga to hdmi converter).
- DisplayPort male to HDMI or DVI female passive adapter cable or DisplayPort male to VGA female active adapter cable, (all three cables carry video of at least 1920x1080p/24bpp/60hz), (DVI or VGA do not carry audio, HDMI cable have optional audio up to 7.1/24bit/192khz), (all three cables only work from male to female direction).
- DVI-D single-link to HDMI cable or DVI-A single-link to VGA cable, (both cables carry viddeo of at least 1920x1080p/24bpp/60hz), (both cables do not carry audio), (both cables work in either direction).
- 2.5/3.5 (w/e size) headphone to Red/White RCA cable (It's analog stereo/2.0), (no video), (works in either direction).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: blu-ray player for 24"?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment