Wednesday, February 5, 2014

How do I set up a Blu Ray player with WiFi?




Tagg R


I connected the WiFi Blu Ray player to my TV with an HDMI cable, and to a surround sound speaker receiver with the two basic red and white jacks. When I turn the Blu Ray player on, it starts up with a Sony Blu Rey screen on the TV, says NO DISK on the panel display, then switches to a blue and black screen for a few seconds, then disengages itself from the TV completely, and says SETUP on the panel display. Nothing comes on the TV, and the player eventually turns itself off after about 2 minutes. I think I did everything in the directions correctly... Is there something I'm missing or do I have a flawed product?

The HDMI is the only thing connected to the TV, so I know that's working (for about 10 seconds). I haven't heard any sound but I also haven't expect any from what I've tried to do with it.



Answer
I would think that your blu-ray is set to output 1080 and your TV is only 720. Check your manual on changing the resolution. This done via "set up"

If I buy a blu ray player can I use it on my tv even though it doesn't have a HDMI port? ?




Joey J


My tv is HD ready though so what way can I connect it without having to buy a Ps3 and run it through vga?
What blu ray players work with other cables? All i've seen are ones that come with hdmi output..



Answer
>What blu ray players work with other cables? All i've seen are ones that come with hdmi output<

There are simply too many possibilities out there to answer this question. You are simply going to have to figure out what sort of inputs your TV has and then check what sort of outputs any blu-ray player you are looking at has. I have NEVER seen one yet with ONLY HDMI outputs. Take, for example the Sony BDPS350. Follow this link then select the Specifications tab. http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665368427

It says:
Inputs and Outputs
Analog Audio Output(s) : 2 Channel: 1 (Rear)

Coaxial Audio Digital Output(s) : 1 (Rear)

Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Output(s) : (Y/Pb/Pr) OUtput(s): 1 (Rear)

Composite Video Output(s) : 1 (Rear)

HDMI⢠Connection Output(s) : 1 (Rear)

Optical Audio Output(s) : 1 (Rear)

S-Video Output(s) : 1 (Rear)


So you have a lot of choices...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I set up a Blu Ray player with WiFi?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment