Saturday, February 8, 2014

Can I use my NETGEAR WG111v3 as a wifi adapter for my sony blu ray player?




Marc


I have a NETGEAR WG111v3 that I used for my old laptop. I don't need it anymore but I need a wifi adapter for my sony blu ray player and I don't feel like spending $70 for one.


Answer
No.

First, you never bothered to tell us if your Sony Blu ray player has a USB port of not. If it doesn't (and I suspect it does not), then the entire question would seem to be pointless, right?

However, even if the blu ray player does have a USB port, it will not provide the same functiuonality a USB port provides on a computer. These things usually come with a CD that you must use to first load device driver software and the device driver software is tightly coupled to the hardware.

You would not be able to load any of that on a USB port that exists on a blu ray player.

looking for good blu ray player?




bssmx


Should be around $20-$50 dollars. I already have a roku so NO WIFI. Thanks in advance. Winner gets points!


Answer
I bought MAGNAVOX NB500MG9I blu-ray player several months ago and I have to say it's the best blu-ray player I've ever owned. It has amazing picture quality. I've tried some other blu-ray players and they either died in a couple months or they had decent picture, but none of them was as good as this player! It's a good looking player too very sleek and stylish. I've very glad I bought this item.

d




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I use my NETGEAR WG111v3 as a wifi adapter for my sony blu ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment