Monday, February 10, 2014

Combo Blu-Ray Player/DVD Recorder that can also play Netflix on demand?




Bill Couse


Does such a thing exist?
>but why dont you connect the netflix demand box to the blu-ray/dvd recorder then to the tv

I don't have a RoKu box. There are Blu-Ray players that have the ability to play NetFlix on demand content. I was hoping to find a Blu-Ray/DVD burner combo that would do the same. That would save me the approximately $100 that a RoKu box costs.



Answer
Blu ray recorders are sold in Japan, but I don't recall hearing about being able to record DVD or not, and I don't remember reading anything about special streaming like Netflix, blockbuster etc. Google japan and blu ray recorders for more info.

How do I connect to Netflix/Youtube/Pandora on my Blu Ray player?

Q. I just got an LG blu ray player...the LG BDP620 and it says that it is pandora/Netflix/Youtube/Huluplus compatible but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it! I've gone to the LG Apps center and when I search, they don't come up. Any tips??


Answer
First you have to get the BluRay player connected to your home network. Run a Cat6 network cable from your router to the player or if the player has wireless, use it.

Sometimes you have to buy the optional 'dongle' to get a player to become wireless.

If yours is like this - do NOT buy the wireless dongle. It will run you about $80-$90.

Instead - go to BestBuy and purchase a Western Digital TV Live box for $99. Get a inexpensive HDMI cable (like the Media Bridge brand for $9-$20 from Amazon) to hook it up to your TV.

This little box gives you about 30 different apps and does not cost much more than the wireless dongle which might give you ... 8 apps? It is a much better device, gives you more apps, gets updated more frequently and lets you play computer video files from a USB flash drive.

Trust me - I did the $90 dongle for my Bluray player and it works, but the WD box works much better.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Combo Blu-Ray Player/DVD Recorder that can also play Netflix on demand?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment