Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How do I make my Sony BDP-S790 player region-free? (I have purchased it from Europe - Region 2)?




Lorin Scho





Answer
The BDP-s790 is a Blu-ray player. Like all BD players it will also play DVDs. (Obvious to most of us, I know. But it still isn't universal knowledge). If you are looking for a way to make it multi-region for DVD then Google "multi region hack Sony BDP" and try some of the methods you find listed.

There is no simple handset hack though to make the player multi-zone for Blu-ray. It is permanently locked to Zone B (Europe). It will play Zone Free discs. Here is a reasonably up to date list http://regionfreemovies.com/

I'm seeing conflicting answers to this, will the PS3 play a Blu-Ray disc that is region free?




GH


I've found some titles on amazon.co.uk that are not available in Canada (or North America for that matter) and would like to buy them. These are not locked to the Europe region B/2, they are region free movies. I'm fairly sure these are made to work in any player, but just want to double-check.


Answer
Zone Free discs should play in any BD player.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I make my Sony BDP-S790 player region-free? (I have purchased it from Europe - Region 2)?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment