Friday, February 14, 2014

Help with purchasing a 40" HDTV?




Lost Pwns


I'm looking into purchasing a 40 inch HDTV, probably LCD, and I had a few questions:
1. I have Cablevision, so in order to view all the channels correctly on the HDTV, I would have to go to Cablevision and change my box over to an HD box, correct? And would I also have to purchase an HDMI cable to connect the new box to the tv?

2. I have a standard DVD player which currently connects to my tv using an S-cable. Providing the new tv has an S-cable input, would I still be able to watch all of my DVDs? Would the picture quality be significantly lower than it is on my current tv?

3. I have a Nintendo Wii, which connects to my current tv using composite cables. Again, providing the new tv has the inputs, would this picture/gaming quality be adversely affected by having a higher-quality tv? I've heard that there is a lag when you use composite inputs with HDTVs.

4. I have a TiVo, would that continue functioning the same way? Would I need a new cable to connect that to my new cable box?

Thank you so much, I'm hoping to get this tv for Mother's Day, my mom has been wanting a widescreen for so long.



Answer
1. Yes you will have to upgrade to a HD box and preferred is a HDMI cable, (buy it online its much cheaper)

Cables to Go 6-Foot HDMI Male/Male Cable - Black - $6.99
http://www.price-rank.com/electronics/cables-to-go-6-foot-hdmi-malemale-cable-black-6-99/

2. S-Video is ok, The picture would most likely look better connected to a new Tv, than your old Tv, RGB cables would be an improvement at a min.....upgrade to a upconverting 1080P dvd player or pick up a blu-ray player which will play both DVd and Blu ray...for a much better viewing experience

Sylvania Blu-ray Disc Player w/ 1080p Video Output $54.00
http://www.price-rank.com/Video_Components/sylvania-blu-ray-disc-player-w-1080p-video-output-54-00-1/

Sharp BD-HP16U Blu-ray Disc Player - 1080p video upscaling $69.99
http://www.price-rank.com/Video_Components/sharp-bd-hp16u-blu-ray-disc-player-1080p-video-upscaling-69-99/

3. Depending on what tv you purchase there may be ghosting or lad on the video display, spend a little more and get a min 120mhz or 240 mhz LCD which wil help, just remember that Plasma tv is stilll the best when it comes to video preformance, The cables will ot play a factor.... the tv will though

4. Really depends on how your setup is, does your Tivo have HDMI? if it does connect the new hd cable box to both the Tivo and the Tv, then connect the Tivo via HDMI to the TV, most tvs will have 4 HDMI inputs

You can compare prices on all the 40" LCD here
http://www.bizrate.com/search__af_assettype_id--4__af_creative_id--3__af_id--28305__af_placement_id--4__keyword--40%20lcd__rf--af1.html

Good first gaming PC build?




RAF


CPU â Intel i7 2600K(315)

Motherboard - ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (230)

Video card â EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
(345)

CPU cooler â zalman cnps9900 NT 120mm (65)

RAM â CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B(100)

Hard drive â Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (160)

2.5â to 3.5â bay converter for SSD - Rosewill RX-C200 2.5â SSD / HDD Aluminum Mounting Kit for 3.5" Drive Bay (9)


Solid State Drive (for OS) - Corsair Performance 3 Series CSSD-P364GB2-BRKT 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (165)


Case â COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5 (160)

Power supply unit â CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
(135)

dvd drive â ASUS DVD-E818A4/BLK/B/GEN Black 18X IDE DVD-ROM Drive - Bulk (17)

Monitor - Viewsonic VX2250wm-LED 22" Widescreen LED Monitor (169.99)

Mouse - Logitech G700 910-001436 Gaming Mouse (89.99)

Keyboard - ThermalTake KB-CHP001US eSports Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard (69.99)

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (109.99)



I want it to be high-end. Any suggestions?

Will that converter work to mount my SSD to hold my OS?

Please ignore the numbers in parentheses.



Answer
Ok first off let me start by saying that this computer your talking about is overpriced and anyone who does have it is just a rich moron games do not even require that amount of power to be run on high and at high FPS I have a great time running Crysis 2 and COD at extreme with an ATI Sapphire HD 5770 1GB. If you want your computer to run games then fine that can be easily done but I have noticed a lot of people going to buy computers and upgrading simply because they want to get into the games industry or something believe me I'm in it and it takes YEARS. Anyway here are the specs I recommend.

CPU - AMD X4 processor

GPU - ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 5770 1GB

CPU Fan - Cooler Master V8 CPU cooling system

RAM - 6GB PNY (PNY gives a much better performance than other brands in my benchmarks)

Hard Drive - Western Digital 1TB Hard Drive

Case - Keep the same

Power Supply - Keep The Same

DVD Drive - LG Blu-Ray Player/ RW+

Moniter - Just use a cheap 22" HD TV and HDMI cable

Mouse - Dosent really matter never effects performance I usually use a standard laser mouse

Keyboard - I just use the standard microsoft one

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium (Professional just has unneeded crap)

You should be able to build that for $700. Cheap and high-end that was the setup I started with

if you mean reaaaaaly high-end then this what I recommend:

WARNING this computer setup costs a $1000 plus

CPU - Intel I7

GPU - NVidia GEForce 590 GTX

CPU Cooler - Water Cooling

Ram - 16 GB DDR 4 (Import from Japan)

Hard Drive - Same as above

Case - Same As You Stated

Power Supply Unit - 1000 Watts plus from High Power

DVD Drive - LG Blur-Ray Player

Moniter - HD Projector

Mouse - same as you stated

Keyboard - Same As you stated

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Its your choice but both run extremely well. It really depends on what you want the computer for you dont want to waste money unless your just gonna show off like most PC jackasses do. Or you can be like me and save money. Buy each part bit by bit the bottom is what I have now after three years of hammering it together and finding the money. No matter what machine you use though you will always have trouble playing Crysis its a resource eater and will lag even on the newest of graphics cards.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help with purchasing a 40" HDTV?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment