Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sony BDP-S480 Blu-Ray Player?




Eric Ver L


I want to stream netflix and hulu plus, the player is WiFi ready but I have to use a usb wireless adapter in order to do so. I don't have my own internet, otherwise I'd just connect it by Ethernet. I'm currently using my neighbors WiFi. Earlier, I plugged in my no name wireless adapter from eBay to the player and a message popped up saying the adapter wasn't supported. The box says to refer to the owners manual for a list of compatible adapters but the manual doesn't have a list of compatible adapters. So, does anyone know which adapters would be compatible with the Sony BDP-S480 Blu-Ray player?


Answer
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but using a neighbour's broadband is a bit naughty. Even if they gave you permission (and you do have permission, right?) then they are still legally responsible for anything you download using their connection. There may even be a question of breaking the ISP terms and conditions of service.

All of the above said, and presuming there are no legal ramifications, then you don't have to rely on a USB wireless dongle. A wireless gaming adapter will work as well or possibly better. This is a wireless bridge device that connects to the wireless network and then provides an ethernet connection. Try Googling the phrases "wireless gaming adapter" or "wireless game adapter". You'll get lots of hits. Just skip the USB versions.

is this a good blu ray player?




John H


http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0472196749.1237800696@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfcadegkdljdfgcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&fm=12&sm=2&tm=5&sku=870230&category_oid=-33944#productInformationSection


Answer
Samsung BD-P1500/XEU is an excellent bluray player. I must say that the picture quality is just amazing. At first I was worried about getting the Samsung BD-P1500 bluray player because a lot of reviews complained that it freezes,skips chapters, or stops accepting discs. I've had mines for almost two weeks and haven't experienced a single problem at all, and I didn't even have to update it with the firmware. All the movies I played on it work perfectly and the dvd 1080p upscaling is excellent. All my dvds look fantastic and have better picture quality than before. Setup was a breeze; I connected this bluray player via 1.3 hdmi cable to my Samsung LN46a650 LCD tv. I watched Planet Earth Bluray and I was just blown away! The picture was so mesmerizing and just beautiful. This bluray player is definitely a winner. Overall I'm extremely happy with this bluray player!

Samsung BD-P1500/XEU - Blu-ray Disc Player
Price: £125.10 free shipping
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-BD-P1500-XEU-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B0016J72SM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1237806116&sr=1-3&tag=winkkk-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=6738




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Sony BDP-S480 Blu-Ray Player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment