Friday, March 21, 2014

blu ray player help!?!?!?!?




Josh


i set up my blu ray and everything but when i turn it on and go to the right channel theirs just a bunch up static you can see some words and colors but its pretty much just the normal thing you see when you start it up but a bunch of static over it any help??


Answer
What do you mean "right channel"?

While an RF modulator can be used to convert video signals from a DVD or Blu-ray player into a coaxial cable signal that is then tuned by the TV tuner this a) gives poor results (and won't work with digital tuners), and b) is unnecessary with an HDTV. It's much better to connected the video outputs of a Blu-ray player direct to one of the HDTV video input jacks ... preferably using an HDMI cable, but alternatively component (triple RCA cable coded red.green.blue), or as a last resort, composite (yellow RCA)). You then don't have to select a channel (you aren't using the tuner) since you are feeding the signal direct to the display from the Blu-ray player. All you have to do is select the right input port on the TV.

If you DON'T have a HDTV you won't get ANY benefit from Blu-ray ... take the player back and get your money back.

Blu Ray players with s-video and HDMI?




letmepicyo


Hey guys, I'm wondering if all you folks in the know about such things could list for me all the blu ray players you know that have S-Video and HDMI connections BOTH, must be 1080p of course. My old 35" isn't dead yet, but I do have a 27" 1080p LED LCD computer monitor I'd love to hook a blu ray to until my old analog tv finally croaks. Any help would be much appreciated.
I understand S-video does not support high definition, that wasn't what I asked.
I know you lose quality with s-video vs a digital signal such as HDMI, what befuddles me is most of them have Composite out, which is a lower signal quality than S-Video, as well as Component out, which is just 1 step beyond S-video in the analog connection world. I know there are older blu ray models which featured HDMI and S-Video, because I've seen just that feature on on older Sony I saw 2 days ago in a pawn shop. What I'm hoping is there there is some model somewhere currently produced that features S-video and HDMI.



Answer
Most Blu ray players will only have hdmi and sometimes composite or component connection, Blu ray players main selling point is better picture quality and resolution, which you lose with S-video connection. you are more likely to find blu ray players with composite or component output, then you can use composite or component to s-video cable. there is also hdmi to s-video converters you can buy off amazon or ebay if you have too.

Goodluck
C+W team,




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: blu ray player help!?!?!?!?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment