Monday, March 17, 2014

Is it possible to play blu-ray movies in windows media player?




Phil


I'm using Windows XP. The computer is a sony laptop w/ blu-ray RW drive. I know that there are third party apps that play blu ray, but is there a way to get this done in WMP?


Answer
If the movie is encoded using MTS it may be possible w/ third-party plugins. Otherwise, you may have to settle for using programs like PowerDVD or Nero ShowTime.

Freeware programs like VLC and GOM player should play them just fine. You need something that recognizes all blu-ray codecs - MPEG2 (MTS - MPEG transport stream), AVC (h.264), and VC1.

Can I play HD home videos on a dvd on my blu-ray player?




joshin


I have a Flip Ultra HD camcorder that takes video in 720p. I don't have a BD burner in my computer, just a DVD burner. Is there any way that I can burn my home videos to a DVD that will play on my blu-ray player in HD?

I know that I could burn a regular DVD, but all of my videos will be reduced to 480p. (At least that is my understanding.) I own a copy of Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0, or I would be willing to download any other reputable freeware that will get the job done. I just don't even know what to search for.

Thanks in advance for any tips.



Answer
If i have got this right you want to burn an Hd video onto a standard DVD, if that right then its not going to work. But you can play standard DVD's on blue ray players.

RR




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible to play blu-ray movies in windows media player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment