Monday, March 17, 2014

Which Blu Ray Player is better with my TV?




Fun Bimmer


My 46" LCD TV has 1080p 120htz. For the best possible image, which is a better blu ray player, one with 1080p/24 or 1080p/60 ? also what HDMI cable performs best?


Answer
Blu-ray is native 1080p/24 fps. To display on a 1080p/120 Hz HDTV the frame rate must be changed. Both are simple multiples (24x5 or 60x2), but the native 24 is better since it involves less video processing than 24>60 and 60>120.

Most Blu-ray players will output both 24 and 60 fps, so pick one with features you like (they all differ somewhat) and use the "native" 1080p/24 setting for Blu-ray. Panasonic and Sony have had less problems than Samsung. The arguably best player is the new Oppo (it's a great Blu-ray player, and also a DVD-A and SACD player. Excellent Anchor Bay video processing ... but $500.

HDMI is a digital connection and other than potential lower risk of corrosion related connection issues with gold plated contacts there is little performance difference between the cheapest and most expensive HDMI cables. Some designs will work at longer lengths than others at high bitrate ... important for long distance, but irrelevant for most uses. Look for a cable certified as Category 2 against HDMI 1.3 and you can't go far wrong. Monoprice.com have good cables at low prices and have excellent service.

How do I set up a Blu Ray player with WiFi?




Tagg R


I connected the WiFi Blu Ray player to my TV with an HDMI cable, and to a surround sound speaker receiver with the two basic red and white jacks. When I turn the Blu Ray player on, it starts up with a Sony Blu Rey screen on the TV, says NO DISK on the panel display, then switches to a blue and black screen for a few seconds, then disengages itself from the TV completely, and says SETUP on the panel display. Nothing comes on the TV, and the player eventually turns itself off after about 2 minutes. I think I did everything in the directions correctly... Is there something I'm missing or do I have a flawed product?

The HDMI is the only thing connected to the TV, so I know that's working (for about 10 seconds). I haven't heard any sound but I also haven't expect any from what I've tried to do with it.



Answer
I would think that your blu-ray is set to output 1080 and your TV is only 720. Check your manual on changing the resolution. This done via "set up"




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which Blu Ray Player is better with my TV?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment