Thursday, November 7, 2013

How do i get my USB hdd to work with my blu ray player?

blu ray player netflix wifi
 on ... 1080p 3D Blu Ray DVD Player Built in WiFi Netflix Internet Apps | eBay
blu ray player netflix wifi image



coreyt0304


I just got a philips blu ray player. Came with wifi, netflix, etc and also with a usb port. I want to watch my movies I have on my tb seagate hdd on my tv with the blu ray player but when I connect it its almost like its not spinning fast enough because the blu ray player isn't picking it up. What do i do?


Answer
Does the instructions say it supports a USB hard drive?

Most blue-ray players have USB ports for 2 reasons:

* So you can up-load newer versions of the firmware
* So the player can 'save' your setpoints or D/L content available on "Enhanced" BluRay disks

You really want a "Media Server" like the Roku box or Western Digital TV HD box or some such (there are lots of these units out there). These will play computer files from your flash drive or USB hard drive.

Just because a device has a USB port - dont assume you can plug any USB device into it.

Can a wifi enabled Blu Ray player with applications access them without a smart TV?




Daniel Sta


I have recently decided to purchase a home theater system/Blu Ray combo that is wifi enabled and has Netflix/Pandora/Youtube applications on it. I am also going to get a new TV but i don't really want a smart TV seeing as how they're a lot more expensive than regular LCD 1080p TV's.

I'm just wondering whether i need a smart TV in order to access the applications online, or if i can just connect to my wifi and the Blu Ray player will be able to use all of the applications by itself.

Also, i don't need full internet access on my TV, i was just hoping to use the applications that were already on the Blu Ray player like Youtube.

Thanks!



Answer
Just connect the blu-ray player to the TV, The blu-ray will do everything. The TV doesn't have to be Internet capable at all.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do i get my USB hdd to work with my blu ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment