Thursday, November 7, 2013

My PS3 slim WON'T play any of my PS3 games but plays DVD's!! PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P!!!?

blu ray player making buzzing noise
 on ... -T57-5-1-Channel-Home-Theater-System-3D-Blu-ray-Player-Surround-Sound
blu ray player making buzzing noise image



Andrexa


My PS3 SLIM is 120 GB (gigabytes) I bought it in LATE 2009.

It plays dvd's fine but it doesn't / will not play any of my ps3 games. Whenever I put in a PS3 game, it tries to read it, and suddenly makes a buzzing noise, then rejects the game out on it's own without even showing an error message.

I don't want to reformat it. I already tried pressing and holding the eject button for 12-15 seconds, and that didn't work either. I also did a system update to try and fix it, and that also didn't work.

The games were working fine until today; they worked yesterday as well, and it randomly started to not work today.

Please give information on how to fix it!!!!
If someone can't tell me how to fix it, then please explain to me why it's doing this in the first place, if you can.



Answer
There is about 95% chance your Blu-Ray laser is bad, there are a couple things you could try before calling Sony or trying to repair yourself.

Make sure to have a backup and try some of the recovery options, can sometimes fix software problems.

how to access the recovery menu
http://www.ithinkdiff.com/access-playstation-3-recovery-mode/

You can also try a lens cleaner kit, make sure it is made for blu-ray players though.

Why won't this one DVD work in my PS2 when every other one does?




B_ROCK


I recently bought Metallica: Cunning Stunts on DVD. I then watched It on my brothers PS3, and both discs worked. I tryed it on my PS2 at home and when i put the first disk in, it wouldn't work and it was making weird clicking and buzzing noises. I tryed to make it work over and over again and still didn't work. I put the Second disk in and it worked perfectly. I keep trying to figure it out but have no clue what the problem is. This has happened before with my Punisher DVD but after restarting the PS2 a couple of times it worked. I done this with Cunning Stunts and it still won't work. Please help. I love Metallica and I don't want to buy another DVD player etc. just for one disk.

PLEASE HELP!! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?? HOW CAN I FIX IT??



Answer
I had that exact problem with certain discs including gta san andreas. I'm pretty sure the problem is your ps2, it works fine on your brothers ps3 so its not the disc, dude get a ps3 and you will soon foget about the ps2.

You said "This has happened before with my Punisher DVD but after restarting the PS2 a couple of times it worked". If it was the disc it wouldnt work at all so save up for a ps3 and you will have a blu ray player with it, Movies were meant for HD.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My PS3 slim WON'T play any of my PS3 games but plays DVD's!! PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P!!!?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment