Friday, November 8, 2013

How to connect blu ray audio via multi channel analog?

blu ray player yamaha
 on Yamaha BD-S1065BL - Blu-ray Disc Player
blu ray player yamaha image



Ethan Fox


can anyone tell me, step by step, how to connect the audio from my samsung blu ray player with multichannel audio outputs to my old yamaha reciever that only has 6 inputs for the multichannel audio option. How do I connect this and what cables do i need?
Thanks!



Answer
If your BluRay player doesn't have the same kinds of audio outputs, you're outa luck.

Really, buy a good modern HDMI capable home theater receiver. New ones start at $200.

Can the yamaha AVR 463 handle HDMI Audio Input?




Stephan K


Well the Question about says it all. I wonder if I connect a Blu Ray Player to the Yamaha AVR 463, and set it to PCM, will the Receiver be able to play it when I just connect it via HDMI?


Answer
Yes, as specified on page 14 of the Yamaha 463 manual. This receiver can handle Multi-channel Linear PCM input.

http://media.onecall.com/Image_Products/Yamaha/RX-V463_U.pdf

It will not decode HD audio formats however as you seem to realize. No loss though provided your player is capable of decoding them to PCM as you mentioned.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to connect blu ray audio via multi channel analog?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment